The TreeHouse = NO ZERO POSTERS.

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
If you wanna lurk, that's fine by me. However, don't dilute the membership if that's all you wanna do, and don't be surprised to find yourself deleted.

If you take the effort to join and create a user name, why not post up and introduce yourself?

Probably a ton, Butch; same as TW... you have to join to view attachments, or ask one single question. Those 1 and 2 post users I bet never get culled.

I lurked until I thought I had something valuable to add to the discussion. I wasn't going to chime in with some wasteful drivel man! Some peeps need to lurk and learn, you know, accrue some valuable knowledge before they can throw their two cents in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree. This place is a treeguy/gal's lounge.

Kick back, sit a spell...

I'm a member of a couple other non-tree related forums where I read and don't post.

I end up thinking about arboriculture much more than I do bikes or rocks.

Kikori, if thats your situation then I bet theres a few questions you could ask8)

I think some people might be concerned about looking stupid by asking rookie questions.

I just read posts to pick up knowledge for quite a while.

I was the same way. I have been signed up since 06' and I have visited the site darn near every day since. I have always been a listen before I open my mouth type of person and didn't post much. Looking back on it now I should have posted more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I lurk at many forums, but I only join the ones I'm gonna participate in.

Like I said, they can lurk and read all they want, just don't register.

I lurked here for 2 months every night, read heaps of stuff, then I joined.

I think it's better that way, you're not forced to join.8)

I lurk at many forums, but I only join the ones I'm gonna participate in.

Maybe I'd better go and say hello to Magnus.:\:

Please dont delete me.... I know I dont post a bunch, but I visit almost daily. I promise I will post stuff more.

Back