The TreeHouse = NO ZERO POSTERS.

Frankly, I lurked for a while, too.

When first I discovered Treebuzz, I thought it was a great site, and participated eagerly.
Then after a while, all the juvenile namecalling and bickering got to be too much for me and I quit going there.
After having Oakwilt insult me badly a couple of times, and finding out that his profile didn't give any clue as to who or where he was, I called him a chicken and quit going there.

If I piss someone off here, they can look in my profile and find my address. So I have to be somewhat responsible for what I write.
If someone takes offense and wants to do something about it, they know where to find me.( good luck with getting physical about it though;))

So, once burned, twice shy, I lurked for a while before posting here. Just to get a feel for the place.

What made me join was a discussion of falling tecniques where both Burnham and Beranek joined in. Then I knew this place had a lot to offer, even to someone who had been logging as long as I have.

Great place to come and hang out with a lot of very knowledgeable people.
You've really made this place work, Butch.

Also, having posted as much as I have, here, and having everybody help me out, language-wise, has improved my written English no end.

I'm even getting to be friends with these little guys:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!

Your American has improved immensely, Stig. No doubt about that! :beer:

i think this is a good policy tbh. i know of a certain tree forum that constantly boasts of its 5000+ members........i made of note of their post count the other day, then checked the figures a day later.....52 posts during that time, compared to around about 400 per day here and at mine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm trying to decide when to delete a zero poster. I'm thinking a week, but I'll probably give them 30 days. And I'll be keeping my eyes on the 1 and 2 posters, too. Just making 1 or 2 posts and then stopping will result in a cull.

I'm loving our new membership totals. Now, just about every member is recognizable. Cool.

Tight, lean and mean! :rockon:

thats to link to an image online, you insert the URL of the image. If you wan to attach a picture from your hard drive, go to 'advanced' when you type your post, scroll down a bit and click on the attach images button. Choose the file, up.lad and you are good to go!

Guilty! Sorry MB - Just get lost reading the posts!! 8)

From all the good people here!

Yep me too. I read through the posts every night as part of my ritual when I get home. My name is Mike and I'll start contributing.

Hey, Raaf and TreeT....welcome to the House. Give us something to look at or think about...or even laugh at.:D

Geeze.....I hope I don't get "tossed". I'm more of a lurker than poster. I'm just a "firewood hack" who likes tree stuff and chainsaws :whine:
I'll try a little harder in the future...........

Steve

Back