Search Not Working. Again.

If the search function is ever down and you know what, roughly, the name or verbiage is for a thread title, then just go to Google.com and search for "believed title of thread" + "masterblaster" + "tree house" (without the plus signs or quotations OR ...."AND" in between each aspect of the search) and it will usually appear in the results below. Please don't feel like you need the forum search engine to locate elusive threads. You can use Bing as well. Any of the major search engines. You just need to get your query and booleans in check.

#ThatGuyWithTheFacts

Last edited:
The search worked for me a day ago. How do I search Google for keywords posted by a specific member Mr Knots?

You would do "search keyboards e.g. name or title of thread" + "masterblaster.com" + "@Username" + "Tree House Forum" or something to that effect.

Anyone else suddenly unable to add images to a post via the toolbar at the top of the message box? I can only add an image via an attachment now. Why is that?

Cleared cache. Didn't work. Not sure what's going. I'm disinclined to delete cookies and search history because they make my life much easier. Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on? I'm use Google Chrome.

Using any javascript tools, or anything that interacts with web js libraries? Try a private window with all addons disabled.

@lxskllr You're a smart guy! The post box tool bar image addition feature works using a Chrome Incognito window.

IMG_8393.jpg

Say "hello" to Harry Winston, the finest Labrador Retriever east of the Mississippi!

@lxskllr, so what does this mean? Do I have to delete cookies and history? Probably. Lame sauce. Ugh.

Not necessarily. Start with smallest impact, and build on it. There's a lot of places the error could be introduced. If you run addons, and disabled them for the test, start adding them back one at a time. If all that works, delete the site cookies for this forum. You shouldn't lose anything important. After that, start looking at web storage. You said you cleared cache, but it may have left something behind; perhaps some google libraries. That's the end of stuff I can just think about. I'd have to start poking around and thinking about it in person. I don't use chrome, so there may be something particular about that browser that's messing things up.

I ended up a) updating chrome, which did nothing. I then a) deleted cookies and b) deleted search history, and then restarted Chrome. This solved the issue. I was right! Yay me! If I had to guess, search history probably had nothing to do with it. It was likely entirely the result of cookies from third parties. Hopefully this works for anyone else who encounters this issue. Thanks, @lxskllr, for your assistance.

Back