The RIP Thread...

I Am A Bad Person.... serious. That's the only conclusion I can come to... because I laughed out loud.

I feel NO sympathy for these people and now Madoff is finally paying a price that's genuinely hard to bear. NOW he's getting what he deserved, the most painful, wrong, awful thing that can happen to a parent. This is more like it if you ask me, this punishment more closely fits the crime. Karma's a bitch and all that Mr. Madoff...and still I wonder if it really bothers him. I hope so.

And as far as suing his grandchildren? Why not, we sue everything else around here. This is their legacy just like vast wealth would've been had he not been caught. It's their bloodline, they deserve it... it's their birthright.

I wonder how many suicides resulted from his theft.

So yeah, I'm a bad person because not only do I not give a shit that this guy offed himself, I'm satisfied by it. Madoff just paid for his crime, let'em out.

Sure you are a bad person, but you are not alone.
I thought the very same thing!

i wont lose a nights sleep or shed a tear for any of those scandalous p.o.s.'s that take the easy way out,
rather than manning up,AND facing the consequences
his kin ruined a lot of peoples lives, and so it should be returned to them in form of karma

Didn't his sons turn him in? Aren't you guys lol'ing the death of the one of Madoffs who did the right thing?

Like I said, I'm a bad person. And I'm not LOL'ing at junior's death so much as the stunning way in which Madoff has now received his justice... I'm simply stupefied that one of these dicks actually paid a fair price for his crime... and also the fact that it was of course happenstance and not the law that brought it about. No law will ever bring those pigs to justice.

Really, this is one of the better cases of robber baron justice in US history... because most of his victims were dickheads too... talk about having a sense of entitlement.

A[...] valuing their claims with a method known as "net equity" is the focus of a legal challenge. Picard's position is that victims with legitimate claims should only receive the amount of money they originally invested with Madoff, less any money they took out.

It is a view being challenged by about one hundred Madoff investors in the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals in New York. These investors feel their claims should be calculated using the amount they held with Madoff, as of their last statement of November 30, 2008. Those statements reflecting the false profits Madoff claimed to be have made for investors during his more than a decade long scam.
[...]
He believes he is owed more because the Securities and Exchange Commission failed to do its job in monitoring Madoff, and he should not have to pay for the government's negligence. If Picard cannot return the amounts listed on the a victims last statement, Goldstein believes at the very least, SIPC should allow for higher payouts than what Picard's distributing.

Yeah right, Goldstein deserves the money that never existed because the government didn't regulate enough... coming from someone like him? That's amusing.

I wonder if maybe just maybe this house of cards is starting to wobble a bit.

Legendary artist, Captain Beefheart, dead at 69.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WLdRh7qdi_g" frameborder="0"></iframe>

RIP Rosie the Riveter

_50626610_50626609.jpg

That lady was 17 years old when the original pictures were taken from what was said on the news the other day .

Just a name, like her biceps, they gave her. She left the factory after an accident happened involving not her, but a fellow employee. Hand injury. She was a cellist and decided not to temp fate. I guess she went retail.
This was a nice pic of her also from the era. :)

geraldine-doyle.jpg

Yeah.. She was a looker !

58518230.jpg

The image can often be found today on postage stamps, T-shirts, coffee mugs and aprons.

Well if she just died then surely the stamp thing can't be true

Back