The RIP Thread...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Singer Gerry Rafferty dead at 63.

t1larg.gerry.rafferty.gi.jpg

Whoa, 63 is mighty young. Sad.

Singer Gerry Rafferty dead at 63.

t1larg.gerry.rafferty.gi.jpg

Whoa, 63 is mighty young. Sad.
RIP Jerry. In his big hit Baker's Street the lyric that stands out is " dreaming of buying some land , give up the booze and one night stands, then settle down in a quiet little town and forget about everything"
His former manager said "for 2 decades alcohol had dominated this creative and intelligent man's life."

Willard.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I attended many pot smoking, late friday night parties centered around that show. You did good, Don! Rawk on! :rockon:

Love him or hate him, he was definitely a tree man. RIP Joey.

Via Tim Walsh:

Joey Cornell passed away on Sunday, January 16 of a heart attack. He was about a week shy of his 41st birthday.

Joey was a loving father to three beautiful girls. Anyone that spent any time with Joey knew of his love for his daughters. Many people had traveled with Joey and knew that when it was the girls bed time, everything else took a back seat and he called to say good night to all three of them. A truck full of tree guys or tactical guys would be quiet and let Joey talk to his girls, his world.

Joey had been involved in the tree care industry for almost two decades as well as working as a Smoke Jumper for the US Government for number of years. He assisted with post Katrina cleanup and worked closely with the Government to write policies that are still keeping people safe today.

Joey was a passionate, generous person who only wanted to make a difference. He spent time, energy and a lot of his own money to try to help others. He trained Arborists, military, police, fire and rescue personal. He even toured in Iraq to work to keep soldiers from being wounded and killed from IED's.

Joey a good person, a great friend to many, and will be missed dearly.

We love you brother!

Funeral Service:

Friday, January 21, 2011
1100hrs
Church of Saint Mary
40 Spring Mount Rd.
Schwenksville, PA 19473

Service will be followed by a private family event.

Joey's parents are setting up a college fund for his girls. Details to be posted later.

Nope. He started NRAT. I met him in New Orleans where NRAT was overseeing safety. I think Greg Liu and Wiley worked with him.

I didn't and I don't. He was only an acquaintance. Some of the guys that worked with him didn't like him much, probably related to promises not kept... he wasn't the endearing type... always full-on, had a million ideas going at once... type A for sure.
He never did anything to me except offer a job that never materialized... which I probably wouldn't have taken anyway.

I have to give Jack a few more lines before we move on.

jack-lalanne.jpg

"Now, you listen to some of these so-called sports-medicine experts today--shit! It's just shtick. It's just something else to sell. Warming up," he scoffed, adjusting a red ascot fitted neatly into his jumpsuit, "warming up is the biggest bunch of horseshit I've ever heard in my life. Fifteen minutes to warm up! Does a lion warm up when he's hungry? 'Uh-oh, here comes an antelope. Better warm up.' No! He just goes out and eats the sucker. You gotta get the blood circulating, but shit, does the lion cool down? No, he eats the sucker and goes to sleep. And that," he concluded, folding his arms into a variation of the pose, "is the truth."

http://www.neatorama.com/2011/01/23...ed:+Neatorama+(Neatorama)&utm_content=Twitter

and:
"And lastly, one of my favorite Jack LaLanne quotes (or "LaLanneisms," as he called it). When he was asked about the difference in public attitude between today and when he first opened his gym decades ago, Jack said: "Then I was a crackpot and a charlatan, today I am an authority… and believe me I can’t die, it would ruin my image.""

RIP

My uncle Paul. On thanksgiving we were celebrating him being cancer free, by Christmas it was back. This pic is from Christmas, we all got together and decided to do a roadrace in his name....He quietly mentioned to my wife that he hoped he'd be around to see it.

Attachments

• paul.jpg
    paul.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 4
Back