The Official Work Pictures Thread

Don't ya love how hard it is to fully extend yer fingers after that happens. I've had worse, but I think Paul's takes the cake... (literally to the bone) literally.

Good job Sean.

Sam: That Cottonwood wooda scared the crap out of me.

Deva: Man. That was downright beautiful. Nice prune.

Carl: Thanks, sir! That thing's a beast. Showed it to my oldest daughter... cool vid.

That's weird... I kinda LIKE raking. :|: I love when the customer (when you have a big crew and everyone's killin it) leaves to go somewhere, and there's like nine million tons of brush in her yard (that's "garden" to you Mick. :lol:) and she makes you move the truck so she can get her car out, and yer pissed but don't show it, and then she gets back like a second later cause she forgot her purse or whatever, and the yard's already perfectly-all-raked-out and beautimus. "Wow! You guys are AMAZING." .... "Aw shucks... it ain't nuthin Ma'am." 8):lol:

Damn nice machine Cory. I want to own that.

Deadwooded this beautiful White Pine after work in a soaker.

18035074_1345308392171765_1866918258_n.jpg

18051848_1345308008838470_2065927329_n.jpg

18009852_1345308125505125_803976722_n.jpg

18034707_1345307765505161_1765214605_n.jpg

17973969_1345308475505090_1723763946_n.jpg

Kind of feeling like a piece of shit too. . . a friend of mine asked me for a favor tonight, a place to stay with her kids for the summer, and there really wasn't anything I could do. . . all the apartments I'm in charge of are spoken for. . . Wish she would have asked a month ago.

Love that rigging up top Stephen. Very cool.

I usually have short hanks of bull rope for tree bondage in the truck. Due to all the rain, several were removed. All I had was a 200' hank available. SO instead of binding the top together like I normally do, I had to set the line up there and use mechanical advantage 3:1 on the ground and lock it on the porty on the stem. The pull line was separate from that rig. I felt that if I pulled the rear stem through the front stem like I normally do, this crispy critter codom would fail and I could lose the mess sideways. So we used the front stem as a lever to pull the rear over with it. Hella weight and back lean on it.

Some super tight professional work there Stephen

Thanks Pete. It really felt like a Hail Mary move honestly.
We have been doing removals and conservatory work on the other side of the fence and there was no LZ in their understory to land that back lead into with out smashing oaks to shat.

If you look at the stump pic Sam, there are two imprints on it. There where 4 wedges in the back cut. The two imprints, wedges fell out when the back stem committed. The two wedges remaining on the stump were pushing the front stem. That back stem sat down hard. So I think I read it right. It might have separated and tipped sideways.

Damn, Stephen...you are getting pretty good now, after these many years of reading Beranek, and the rest of the 'Housers of high repute...and maybe me once or twice, could possibly be so :).

First class work, brother.

Thanks for the compliment, Stephen. For that is what it is, if I might to presume to say, from very apt student to truly blessed teacher.

:\:

I didn't notice that! You're not kidding the back sat down hard. Great call on having the larger mass off the front pull for you. Your bull lines earn their keep for sure!

Dropped off the kid, headed to meet my employee at the jobsite in my car. Ground the maple stump more, went to go to a tidal job, dumping two dead maples onto the beach at a shell fish farm, but found my employee wasn't sure is the gas gauge worked on the truck he's been driving, so he didn't say anything when it was sitting on empty ��. Yes when it's on empty it means empty. When it says half full it means half full... Am I being too harsh? Log truck came for wood. More grinding. More cleaning.
One more dead tree to do tomorrow, maybe two more substantial, but nothing major dead madrones, luckily with taller Douglas-fir adjacent.

Somehow after employee did something with my car, the battery was dead. Charge battery in customers charger, took truck to bid. Came back, car starts. Go get D from after school care.
Come home. Find out she has lice from an outbreak at school. Go to Target late for medicine. Final got her to bed a minute ago. Full day. All fingers and toes. No near misses.
After 10-15 times of saying to use tarps to collect grinding, keep gravel clean, etc on manicured waterfront job, my employee did so he was seeing how it's easier to keep it clean than get it clean. He was starting to see the bigger picture. IMG_20170418_112608496.jpg IMG_20170418_123526567.jpg IMG_20170418_123520181.jpg IMG_20170418_134629980.jpg

Felling hazard trees and bucking a couple logs is the best hourly by far! Almost feel bad. Almost.

Maples were hanging over water access for shell fish beach, and a building that has a large holding tank or something.

No not harsh at all sometimes a verbal bitch slap is in order. Like when my guy pulled a line out of a tree before it was tied off, him "did I do that" me " No it was the other guy named Eric that magically showed up and pulled it out".

I have taken a tarp and staked it close to the stump, drove the stumper over the tarp, and most of the grindings landed on it. It works on smaller stumps pretty well but you gotta be careful of how close the tarp is.

Used an old one the other day to drift a log out with the mini... Sometimes, you just have to make do. :thumbup:
And then destroy it :evil:
Well, actually... one is still being used on a dog run for the lead. Little bastardo kept chewing up rope. SO I took an old cable core and told him "chew on this shit head". :lol:

It's a Gas!
f7e20190aa31673f04d85a8f57aa0a4c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The wind was at my back.
We did well.

Ziplined a decent sized euc.
Smashed up the fence a little throwing a chunk....they got bigger.

Employee lost my oil cap on the 044.

Little chipper has some feed wheel hickups... doesn't like blue gum with dullish teeth...just got some new ones in the mail. Now it's just time.......
572b810f27def2e462247e1b3171922f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Eh, it happens enough that I keep an extra, as well as bar stud nuts and the wing nut thing on a power pruner in the saw box. Pretty much anything I have dropped out of a tree into a pile of brush to never be seen again. Ya know what they say, shit happens when you party naked in trees.

Back