The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Pinckney, over in the Southeast, just WNW of Detroit and NW of Ann Arbor
I spent every summer out there until I started a business and family here in Delaware. Even after my parents moved us to Delaware, some of us return every summer, - we still run a day camp for children (this summer will be the 65th year):
http://www.varsitydaycamp.com

https://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=7960

Grand haven, west side of the state. Are you a Michigander? Or were you, I guess

Hello, hoping this site is a little more climbing oriented than another I recently found/joined. Seems over there, lots of those guys are more nuts and bolts than finesse. "No offense."

Been a climbing arborist since 1990 - currently working part time in the Tampa Bay Area, and that's how I like it. I'm too old to climb like I did 20 years ago.

From 93-96 I competed three times in the Ohio chapter ISA climbing competitions. Was the foreman of a small company in NE Ohio for 7 years. Moved to Fla. in 2003 and love it.

Alright, see you around....

Welcome to the TreeHouse! Gotta first name? Mine is Butch...

Yes, we are a climbing orientated site, for sure!

Why do you like FL so much, the warmer temps or something else?

Welcome to the TreeHouse! Gotta first name? Mine is Butch...
The name is Francis, but you can call me psycho.

Nah-- szajer is my name. I'm Magyar.

So u must be a browns fan!:D welcome!
Honestly, I don't watch much of sports.
Why do you like FL so much, the warmer temps or something else?
Yeah, weather is one, but I've been coming here since the early 70's as a kid. So it was like my second home really.

Hello, hoping this site is a little more climbing oriented than another I recently found/joined. Seems over there, lots of those guys are more nuts and bolts than finesse. "No offense."..

I wanted to clarify what I meant by saying "nuts & bolts." Don't want to make a bad first impression..

Noticed that there are loads of active threads there that have to do with equipment, saws and complete system breakdowns.

Anyway, though I have a knack for mechanical skills, I'm more interested in climbing, pruning and new/different techniques of rigging. Hope that helps...

Hello, hoping this site is a little more climbing oriented than another I recently found/joined. Seems over there, lots of those guys are more nuts and bolts than finesse. "No offense."

Been a climbing arborist since 1990 - currently working part time in the Tampa Bay Area, and that's how I like it. I'm too old to climb like I did 20 years ago.

From 93-96 I competed three times in the Ohio chapter ISA climbing competitions. Was the foreman of a small company in NE Ohio for 7 years. Moved to Fla. in 2003 and love it.

Alright, see you around....

Welcome.

The good news is that you don't have to climb like you did twenty years ago. Good input on climbing here from a whole host of experienced guys, with it being a bit more of a knock-it-out mentality than TCC mentality, which is not at all knocking TCCs, as they are great learning, networking, and friend making opportunities.

What kind of climbing systems are you working with now?

You are certainly free to talk about any aspect of tree work that you want, no need to wait for what you are interested to discuss to come around on the roulette wheel. Generally if the English starting the thread is reasonably intelligible, folks will want to discuss the subject as well. You can monitor a thread and help move it along. It can also be the case that what you are interested in, has been discussed before, and can be seen in old threads. So far no threads yet on lazy and not wanting to talk about anything.

Welcome to the Treehouse!

And you can call me .. well.. fug it.. My name is Stephen.. but some have found nick names... Like hey you/...
We;come to the tree house. Lots to read mang... click on climbing threads, gear threads... plenty of gear candy and info :)

Yep.

My birth name is Szajer Jerszak. Funny right.
. I had an israeli friend back at Kent State Ohio -and his name was Elon Alon.

Not as cool as say, Don Johnson...

Not funny to me really, some strange names when I was at school, [a lot of stranger ones these days] Lots of people migrated here from all over Europe after the war so their kids were born about the same time as me. We had quite a mix at my school.

They're dying out now but they had a lot of clubs around western Sydney, still a few left though. The Hungarian/Magyar Social Club is about 20 minutes away, not far from the Crotian Club, a good place to stay away from when there's a soccer game on.

I'd say welcome too, but I'm still a neophyte here.

So, yea, what others are saying-- if I may be so bold.....;)

Not this one!! New to this forum but have lived a few yrs over at AS. Just a wood chopper selling oak firewood here in Minnesota. Been a good year for that, for sure.
I run Husky's and Jonnie saws, a 359, a 2171 and a 385xp.

Ted

Welcome Ted. Firewoodings honest work that's for sure. I'd love to burn oak. I have a small stash curing but there isn't much of it around here.

Back