MLbN0Cf.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 26
  • WV1juJt.jpg
    WV1juJt.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 26
  • r8T51vL.jpg
    r8T51vL.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 27
That's a neat trick. I'd like to lose a couple past days in my life, like when I had the fire and saw that some guy had spent the night with my girlfriend.

managed to get a couple of Otis while taking a break at the campsite.

He was really great all week. very well behaved (quiet) when I was gone or driving past. Only time he made a bit of noise was when we were in the trailer together and someone walked close past a window...Then he'd lose that window...he got the idea by the end of the week.

Attachments

• charlotte fest 2016 005.jpg
    charlotte fest 2016 005.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 36
  • charlotte fest 2016 006.jpg
    charlotte fest 2016 006.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 35
  • charlotte fest 2016 015.jpg
    charlotte fest 2016 015.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 36
  • charlotte fest 2016 017.jpg
    charlotte fest 2016 017.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 34
  • charlotte fest 2016 018.jpg
    charlotte fest 2016 018.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 35
He really is a great looking dog. I've never been too much for those sorts of breeds, but Otis is a fine example to help me change my mind.

Don't ever get a Pit if you don't like having your face licked to death!

Dang B, it's time for a new mutt! Go rescue one!

Hard to say, J...almost certainly be from the Humane Society shelter, or some other rescue arrangement. We like full sized dogs, but likely not so large as your monsters :).

We'll know when we meet the new pup, I guess.

Understandable B. Terriers have their own set of challenges as a group for sure, and Otis has some issues created by his original owners.

He is coming along nicely with his confidence...still needs encouragement and support he can count on though. A regular routine, with things added one at a time has helped. This week we discovered the big fan in the living room :D he wouldn't be in the same room with it at first...now lays in front of it enjoying the breeze, and blatantly cooling off his equipment. :lol:

He met several new people and other dogs this last week at the music festival, and really did well over-all...trusting humans is the big issue we work on the most. I'm pretty strict with how I let people approach him. It's amazing how many folks don't understand what is instinctively threatening/dominating to a canine and what is friendly. It was nice to hear all the comments from people around us about what a well behaved animal he was.

Butch, yes they love licking...and some digging. Otis loves digging holes in the woodchip pile (the allowed, designated spot for that activity).

He spent last night chasing fireflies at dusk and eating them. I almost fell over laughing at his antics.

That's awesome Dave. Dogs are great, one of my best moments of the day is watching the sun go down sitting with my big fellas. When everything is done for the day and it's time to take some time.

Thats great that you are getting along so well Dave. I might chase fireflies too, never seen one before.

Is Otis a pit bull?

Some dogs dont like me at first. In a group of 10, I will be the only one barked at, but after a while those dogs wont leave my side.

My friends have had a lot of rescue dogs over the years. For some reason, I am always the guy that they eventually warm up to. Weird.

Jim, Otis is a Staffordshire Terrier. They do get lumped in to being called "pit bulls" here in the US, by some, as most all similar mixes do, but they are separate breeds.

Staffies (who have a kinda boxer-type head profile), also known as "nanny dogs" are actually quite different from American Pit Bull Terriers which have a much flatter and more wedge shaped head and muzzle.

It's getting harder to find homeowners insurance that will cover you if you own one of the 15 blacklisted dogs...shelters are full of them now.
Pit Bull Terriers
Staffordshire Terriers
Rottweilers
German Shepherds
Presa Canarios
Chows Chows
Doberman Pinschers
Akitas
Wolf-hybrids
Mastiffs
Cane Corsos
Great Danes
Alaskan Malamutes
Siberian Huskies

yep...Strange that Bull Terriers aren't on the list...Must be the "spuds" commercials made that into an "insurable" breed :|: They are barred from my wife's apartment complex though.

Back