t540 xp

They (Husky) sold it as a 372XPW. But, that can also apply to the west cost/full wrap version. So just because it's an XPW doesn't mean it will be 75cc. The 375K demo saw jug is the top end that is used.

I run a t540 everyday. It is a fantastic saw I absolutely love it. Then went back to the ms200 just see if it really was better or I was wearing rose tinted glasses. But no the husky is definitely a better saw.

The MS200 had a long successful run for many years with a few blemishes with the early flippy caps ,defective Zama carbs.
But some time soon very soon the MS201 will have the M-Tronic micro processor technology as they are putting on their other saws. Then we will have a strong Stihl tophandle again, they may even change it to a new model number.
But in the mean while I'm waiting for the introduction of the T540XP here in Canada ,I think I recall Justin saying Jan./14.

That's what the Husky rep told me recently. I had his demo in my hands for awhile but he wasn't letting it out of his sight. Lol.

Will be interesting to see how the 540 auto tune reacts to high heat over 30C. sbtree said a few posts back that he ran it from 23C to -8C and it ran the same. But when I ran my 550 and 562 auto tunes in 32 C with humidity they were crap for restarting after warmed up from hard cuts.

Willard,
We had about 36 deg c today, in the shade. I only did about a tank and a half with the 540 but it seemed fine to restart when it was hot. At one stage i left it in the sun long enough that i had to put gloves on to hold it but it still restarted fine. Probably the only thing i noticed was when i put it down hot and didn't try to restart it for about 20 mins it needed half choke to restart and about 6 or 7 pulls.

When i get home ill try and remember to plug the diagnostic software into it and see what the max carb temp was

I know some of the guys in Queensland an Northern Territory get problems with 3120's in the heat. They get much hotter than we do in Sydney. It would be interesting to hear from those guys

Willard,
We had about 36 deg c today, in the shade. I only did about a tank and a half with the 540 but it seemed fine to restart when it was hot. At one stage i left it in the sun long enough that i had to put gloves on to hold it but it still restarted fine. Probably the only thing i noticed was when i put it down hot and didn't try to restart it for about 20 mins it needed half choke to restart and about 6 or 7 pulls.

When i get home ill try and remember to plug the diagnostic software into it and see what the max carb temp was
I assume you meant "fast idle". As long as this is not a reoccurring habit of the saw Husqvarna may have got the hot start problems ironed out, probably why it was held back from introduction for so long.
Be interesting what your diagnostic software tells you, keep us posted :thumbup:

Finally.......................I seen where the NY husky dealer said he received a order of T540's today.

Ask for Bob and tell him I lead you to the watering hole.

Husqvarna Jonsered​

Ashokan Turf and Timber​

845-657-6395
25 years EXP
Over 100 saws in stock including most "G" models​

Was given a very good price yesterday on 540. Lower then the 200T was new. ;)

Wont be doing anything till after new years anyways since all the first batch sold local.

I just want to test the suker out and compare for myself.

Now to see if I can move some saws in the mean time.

Unfortunately the laptop with the diagnostic software dropped its guts so I couldn't get any data.

We have had a couple of warm days over 40 degC. So far no problems. Restarts in the canopy was sweet as. Probably the only thing I found was if I ran the saw dry it was a prick to get going again.

Over all very happy with the 540.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back