t540 xp

4 minutes at WOT with out a load... Whoa....
No, under load.Here's my 562XP instructions right from it's owners manual.
Will be interesting how the 540 does in the hot weather Mr Diesel will be working in down under.

Attachments

• image0-001.jpg
    image0-001.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 63
What if your saw was runnin like crap cold and that's what the manufacturer recommends?

I guess I wouldn't have a choice. But since I haven't crossed that bridge, I don't run any saw WOT for 4 minutes with no load.

See Willard's post anyhow. Its all null and void. Husky doesn't suggest doing it.

Excellent info Willard as usual.

It did seem like a pretty whacko idea. I'm following this thread closely as I've got my name on a t540 already. Supposed to be here in January.

It'll be my 1st husky in a whole lotta years so feeling a little nervous about it.

I'm just stressed out about the crap situation for climbing saws right now. I'm nervous the 540 won't be equal to a 200.

The word is they got the bugs out of the 201. MB says he ran one that equaled a 200. Couple others to. I am glad I lucked into a new 200 before they were gone. Now if I could convert the flippys to a simple screw on. The gas is getting sticky to get off, you can't fill the oil up very close to the top. It isn't I am too unmechanical to get how they work. I consider them a bad design.

I bought two 201s a month apart, the first rubbish, the second easily as good as my best 200.
(Cap thing not really an issue for me)

Well I've got a handful of 200s around and one 201 that sucks big time. Out of the five 200s one is getting parted three have carb issues and one is in the shop being rebuilt. I'm trying the new Husky out before risking buying another 201. I've got about 25 Stihls with around 20 runners and I may not be buying another one. I ran husky years ago and I'm leaning towards switching back. Stihl is dropping the ball IMO.

Well I've got a handful of 200s around and one 201 that sucks big time. Out of the five 200s one is getting parted three have carb issues and one is in the shop being rebuilt. I'm trying the new Husky out before risking buying another 201. I've got about 25 Stihls with around 20 runners and I may not be buying another one. I ran husky years ago and I'm leaning towards switching back. Stihl is dropping the ball IMO.
I understand your trepidation, if I could have bought a 540 I would have, but we had a large row of trees that needed deadwooding with two climbers working so.... none of the husky dealers had one in stock so I bought another 201, it's completely different to the one bought a month earlier.

I've heard that a lot. Almost enough to make me try another 201. Trying to make it through another month though til I can get the 540 locally.

The flippy caps were a problematic solution to a non-problem. I am thankful for engineers but many of them need to actually do some physical work so that they might do fewer over-engineered and under-performing innovations

I've heard that a lot. Almost enough to make me try another 201. Trying to make it through another month though til I can get the 540 locally.

Squisher I've been running my 540 since the beginning if October and yeah it equals the 200 for sure, I have 3 of them, or had, sold 2 and have one as a back up to my 540 now! I know why they waited so long to release it and was worth the wait! I got mine from honey bros. Paid a little extra but have no regrets. I've run mine in 23 degree weather and minus 8 today and runs the exact same, I do let mine warm up for a minute, not wot. I was half and half between husky and Stihl, but only have 3 stihls left out of 15 saws! lol and no floppy caps either! :thumbup:

After reading Willards post i rang the dealer to have a chat about it. This time i got a young fella who really new his stuff. I explained what happened and he said yep, its a known thing that happens for about the first hour of use then it goes away. There is even a bulletin from mother H on it.

He was right, after about half an hour the saw felt really responsive and snappy. Ive let it cool down a couple of times so that i have needed to choke it to fire again and each time its started and throttle response has instantly been nice and snappy.

After a days use im definitely rating it as good as my stock 200 which has no spark arrester in it.

The only thing im struggling with is holding the off switch long enough to kill the engine and it really feels like it needs a 14 or 16 inch bar to even out the weight. The 12 inch techlite makes it feel a little to heavy at the rear.

Overall very happy with it. I definitely prefer it to the 201 and 200

Ill see what its like when we have a hot day, its quite a pleasant day today

Perhaps i should have read the book
2ahu2u6y.jpg

When I got my 550 545 I followed the instructions to a T. No problems . Do not do no load for 4 mins jeez, WOW who ever told you that :|:.
You cut 4-5 mins with bar buried at wot.

The only thing im struggling with is holding the off switch long enough to kill the engine ,
l see what its like when we have a hot day, its quite a pleasant day today
mrdiesel, that's not a bad thing for a aerial saw to be harder to shut off. Husqvarna did their homework there with the 540 auto on off master control switch. With the 562XP you just have to tap the switch to shut the saw down, but with a aerial use saw like the 540 you wouldn't want to accidently tap that switch when you're half ways cutting through a top .
All the years I ran a MS200 I occassionaly had the problem of accidently knocking the switch off when when I was doing a critical cut.

Will be interesting to see how the 540 auto tune reacts to high heat over 30C. sbtree said a few posts back that he ran it from 23C to -8C and it ran the same. But when I ran my 550 and 562 auto tunes in 32 C with humidity they were crap for restarting after warmed up from hard cuts.

Back