t540 xp

I ran one next to a stock 201 and it is a beast. Felt light and balanced and was mean as hell in the cut.

Check with that FULL time Husqvarna Jonsered dealer that has been selling 25 years now from NY. He can get parts, saws etc.
Also he priced me the T540 for the cost of the model numbers ;). About a $100 less then posted.

He just stated on my website he got 2nd batch in, 12 more today. First group was spoke for when they came in Nov-Dec.

Mine is supposed to ship to my local dealer on Jan 15. I should see it within a week of that. I'm stoked to try it out.

To soon to tell. I've got it in my hands and it's cut a couple rounds in the burn pile.

I'll be reporting back with my definitive strongly worded gut take on this saw before to long. Right now on the truck is a 200t with about two tanks through it. New piston and carb. It's running like a champ, easily blows the doors off my well broke in 201. Tomorrow the 201 gets penalty boxed to the shop for being a gutless half hearted attempt at the 200t. Within a week or two even in our slow season I'll know if the 540 is number one, two, or three.

IMO.

First off though what is the dealio with the chain in the husky. Mine came with safety chain on the fancy tech-lite bar. I took one look and told them to keep that chain and they said that's all that's made for it? Is this true?

The specs show it being 3/8 pitch .050, that is the same as the 200t and 201t if I remember right.

Unless you get something different in the great white north. :?

I don't know but Ive heard tell its a super thin chain, not the same as a 200t. Somebody said it was the same chain as on a pole saw...

Justin a few years back when I bought my 338XPT they supplied it with a goofy homeowner chain 91 something with a bunch of safety bump links. At least you got the good bar, order from across the line some of that nice Stihl 63 PS chisel Picco chain

Back