t540 xp

No one in my neck of the woods has mentioned trouble in hot weather. Must be your saw?
Take a gander onto other chainsaw sites and see how other 562 owners are having the same issue. Didn't you once say Chris that your 562 always needed 2 pulls to start when warm? And that's probably with the fast idle set too ,right?

With temps cooled down here my 562 runs perfect, have been running it with a 16"b/c lately and it's a blast to operate.
Stihl will be putting the M-Tronic [auto tune] on their 201 soon seeing they just introduced the 261CM and from reviews so far it's a mini 562.
A 201 CM should bring the power up significantly .

My 562 always needs 2 pulls to start once its warmed up to temp. All seasons though. Doesn't change with the weather. I wish it would start easier.

It's a pain in the ass, and in a tree it would be even more of a pain.....but clicking the choke on, and then off will set the fast idle on the 550 and 562. Then it will normally fire in one pull.

It seems like sometimes just holding the trigger will turn a two pull starting saw into a one. Seldom engage the chain brake, though.

My 562 always needs 2 pulls to start once its warmed up to temp. All seasons though. Doesn't change with the weather. I wish it would start easier.
Mine starts with one pull everytime when warmed up and can sit for a half hour or more to cool and still one pull. But 90F and hotter weather with a little humidity I have to set the fast idle and even that doesn't always work if she's worked hard , and that's when it was switched off only a minute before............then it's the old throwing drop start WOT with one hand and pulling the rope with the other,chain brake on of course:D

If the 540's auto tune works like the 562's then it should be a really strong performer. The only issue with my 562Xp's auto tune is hard starting in hot weather, not good when your 50 ft off the ground in a awkward work position. Lots more stop and go starting doing aerial work then on the ground.
Have you worked the 540 in hot weather, and how hot?
It's been crappy here and haven't ran in in anything over 15 degrees. My 562 starts no problems in any weather. Not supposed to get over 8 degrees this week so I won't know.

It's a pain in the ass, and in a tree it would be even more of a pain.....but clicking the choke on, and then off will set the fast idle on the 550 and 562. Then it will normally fire in one pull.

Ok I've had my 562 for about a year and a half, no starting issues but good to know. I've had the 550 for over a month now and love it too! I have 3 stihls that are on the shelf now as backups, so they might not see much action anymore!

Noticed last night the T540xp with 16" was listed in US for sale $649 shipped from NC. ;) Anyone else seen them for sale elsewhere?

Finally scored a t540. It was only $100 buck cheaper than the 201 in Australia, but it did come with a 2 year commercial warranty.

Out of the box it feels good. Acceleration is far better than the 338. It came with a 12 inch techlite bar but definitely feels like it would handle 16 inch. Only downside is it seems to need to warm up for about 30 secs before you can rev it out otherwise it stalls. I only have 15 mins on the saw. Tomorrow is a nice big euc so we see how it goes

I'd be interested to hear more reports on this warming up issue and if it's a problem for anyone else.

Thanks.

There are no more tuning screws as its an auto tune. The dealer said its standard procedure to auto tune the saw by allowing it to idle for a minute, them at half speed for a minute them full speed for four minutes. He said it was important that for the four minutes the saw is at wot.

Ill give it a go tomorrow and see how it goes.

The other thing i noticed is that i don't need to use the fuel primer to get it to restart after its cooled down, so i wondering if the saw is starving for fuel at startup.

I was wondering too. Not sure about the auto tune models, but running lean at start up is a common thing with a lot of saws. Some saws can run a bit lean like that for a minute or two with the chain spinning.

He definitely said four minutes, he said that they are instructed by mother H to do it as a part of the warranty process.

Im thinking ill just use the saw for a day and then see how it starts cold the next day.

If this dealer is right then I'm wondering if anyone has had to do this with their other autotunes? I didn't do it with my 576 and it doesn't miss a beat

Yes, in this thread. https://www.masterblasterhome.com/showthread.php?16139-Husqvarna-562xp&p=574333#post574333

I remembered Wally talking about it, seems like your dealer was right.

Here is my thinking on how this Autotune works and may help explain Magnus's thinking some too.

The saws are to small to run a loop system like a car with a o2 sensor giving the computer feedback on fueling changes.

So based on the fact that the set up for these saws has you or the dealer running it wide open for 5 minutes. Leads me to believe that the computer is using the rev-limiter to adjust/set the saw for the correct fuel ratio for that operating parameter. Much the same as you do now manually on a carb saw with a tach.

So any time that you would normally check your old saw for mixture, say from altitude or temperature change. With the autotune you would need to retune it through this high speed run-up.

Cool that it sets the saw, but if there is no trigger lock that keeps it at wot, that is a long time to stand there doing only that.. Setting wide open saws on the ground is probably not the safest thing either.

How about a locking bar cover that you can have on there when at full throttle. Set it down and finish your coffee.

No I did not run my 562 at full throttle for four minutes. never heard of doing it. Plus, I wouldn't do it even if I was told to.

Back