t540 xp

Any chance you can shed more light on the tank leak issue?

Wish I could. I'm sending it back to Sweden today for examination. my guess is there is a gasket in between the two halves of the oil tank, which is metal, that has deteriorated or otherwise failed.

In Australia, if you shit the bed it usually applies to someone who gets to work earlier than usual
Yes, a British Commonwealth saying......same here in Canada.

I'm frustrated waiting for this T540XP too.....I'll just post this to keep this thread going:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for keeping it going Willard. I haven't heard anything yet myself.

I got my hands on a T540 a few months back and put it in the field for some testing. It was rock solid until yesterday when the oil tank started leaking profusely :(. Smoked a 201 head to head. I also have a 562XPG test saw that is a real ass kicker. I had another 562 that crapped the bed but this one is really nice.

Wish I could. I'm sending it back to Sweden today for examination. my guess is there is a gasket in between the two halves of the oil tank, which is metal, that has deteriorated or otherwise failed.
TreeRhino,
It sounds like your did a T540XP field test for Husqvarna. I take it your keeping a daily log for them with the weather temperature, # of tanks burned and with comment notes . How is this saw performing for you? Are you doing aerial tree work only or a mix of ground also?
Is the Auto Tune working reliable with easy starts, quick warm ups? Your testing is probably confidential but being so close to last reported market release time, now shouldn't matter.
Give us some more info if you can. Everyone is curious what is holding up the market release. I have a good feeling it's AutoTune programming issues that need to be ironed out.

Thanks for keeping it going Willard. I haven't heard anything yet myself.
Bud, I have been running the new Husqvarna AutoTune technology for a while now and so far I'm not too impressed what it has to offer. I had ownership of a couple of 576XP AT's for the last 4 yrs and there was some micro processor issues. I bought a new 562XP with the AT and Rev Boost and it seems to be care free with only a couple of hard starting issues when new . Now I have ownership of 3 550XP's for a yearly timber sport competition whch puts very few hours on them. I took the "spare " 550Xp out today to put some time on it for next years competiton doing treework, and it's memory in the micro processor seems to be a real PITA doing stop and go treework. Hard starting when you think it's still warm, slow warmup, make a few cuts shut it down and issues with next start.
I think these new AutoTune saws are fine for 8 hour a day non stop logging, but intermittent arborist treework this technology may be a problem I'm finding with these brand new 550's. That's the reason I asked TreeRhino if he's having issues with the T540XP.
My 562 seems to be OK but I don't have confidence in this new AT technology.

Attachments

• SDC11074.jpg
    SDC11074.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 79
Ive been pleased with the AT saws in the cut themselves. I will say, my 562 doesn't fire in one yank even when up to temp. It will if I drop start it while on the trigger such as up in the tree. The performance while running has managed to make me forgive its shortcomings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
One of my close competitors runs a few AT Huskys. He is nothing but happy with his562 but is currently using the 576 as a chock block. His biggest complaint is hard start and restart. Also lack of parts and availability. I will wait until these are proven.

I have 9 brutal months under my 562 and have no hiccups yet. Brutal months. I stab that thing into 36" wood without thinking twice with a 20" bar constantly. Never failed to start. never ran funny. No weak links so far. At the one year mark, provided nothing acts up, Ill buy 2 more. Ok maybe just one.

I'm real happy with my 562 also, starts on the first pull when warm or even cold ...I just purge the primer bulb. Last fall when it was only a few hours old it had a little short spell of hard starting when warm but not hot, but after putting some hours on it the problem never came back.
Matter of fact it's first big contract cutting right away for a powerline it paid for its self 9 times over in the first 5 days. That was awesome and the saw today still cuts like a gangbuster. I'll try the other 2 550s tomorrow and see what happens, todays 550 cut its first stick of wood . The other 2 ran flawless last February at the competition for 3 hours straight with 60 different competitors [who most of them were real brutal running these saws].

Attachments

• SDC11128.jpg
    SDC11128.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 72
Seeing I don't have a T540XP to try out ,I'll keep this thread going with more discussion on the Husqvarna AutoTune which is the brain of this saw.
I was a little hard on the AutoTune technology in my last few threads. I did work with the other two 550XPs yesterday and the spare one this morning. Seeing these saws previousily ran last winter when temps were below freezing their memory didn't recognize the recent above 70F conditions. So they were running with a rich condition, so with a few minutes of ripping a log at WOT the saws seemed to reset themselves. Either way the old carb screw adjustment saws would still have to be fiddled with manually adjusting the settings.

When I received these saws last winter before the competition I let them sit in their boxes in my unheated garage in freezing temps for a few days. When I did fuel them up and went to start them it took many pulls on the rope to get them to run, they were set way too lean from their memory of the warm factory conditions.
I should have warmed them up first indoors.
So yes the AutoTune is a wonderful technology but at the same time it can be a PITA.
I think what Husqvarna has to do is build in a sensor that reads the "present weather temperature" not remember only the last operating time temperature.

But, for day to day work, I cant see that being an issue. With my AT saw, it has now seen all four seasons and not acted up once. Its out and cutting day to day.

But, for day to day work, I cant see that being an issue. With my AT saw, it has now seen all four seasons and not acted up once. Its out and cutting day to day.
Yes the trick is not to let them sit too long between seasons and avoid stop and go cutting on the job.
Which leads me to think about the T540XP which is designed primarily for aerial work, yes you can keep this saw busy always warmed up in a bucket.....but how about the intermittent stop and go cutting when climbing?
I guess it can't be any worse then working cold with my 338XPT when it takes a bit of time to clear out from it's farting and hesitation, seconds after pulling the rope.

Im eager to see. I love my Jonny 2139, miss my 200T's, and am optimistic about a new player in the game. My 2139 has yet to fail at all or even act up. The crap air filter makes me cringe, but I tell you the thing just has not failed me once.

Im eager to see. I love my Jonny 2139, miss my 200T's, and am optimistic about a new player in the game. My 2139 has yet to fail at all or even act up. The crap air filter makes me cringe, but I tell you the thing just has not failed me once.

Yes my 338 like your 2139 hasn't let me down either. But I did muffler mod it and that's where I get the warm up lag, I wouldn't be running it though without th muffler mod.....she rips much better tn stock.
Yes I miss my Ms200 too.....I hope Bermys taking good care of it and its doing the Same for her.

Ha, yes Willard, the canadian issue 200t is doing sterling service in Oz...it's on holiday right now (wrapped up in a blankie in the workshop) while the operator is reaquainting herself with its cousin 200t (tropical) in bermyland.

Ha, yes Willard, the canadian issue 200t is doing sterling service in Oz...it's on holiday right now (wrapped up in a blankie in the workshop) while the operator is reaquainting herself with its cousin 200t (tropical) in bermyland.
That's good to hear Fiona, that 200 was the best one I ever owned and I had many.
I guess this older 200T you're now using answers my question I asked you on your other 200T racing thread. I have a hard time doing diagnosis on the internet if the saw is not in my own 2 hands.

Gyc (australia) told me today that the t540 is shipping at the end of july and available in august. They have run their stock of 338s down and wont be ordering any more

I bet shipping would be $100. Shipping a 346 to Oz was $110 PHO.

Back