Poison Ivy Relief

Sounds highly plausible about the airborne. On occasion I have an urushi artist put some finish on my woodwork. While in his shop I can sometimes feel these little prickles on my face from whatever is in the air. His labrador lapped up some urushi once, the poor thing's lips got enormous and it was in serious pain for a few days, pulled through though. It apparently was touch and go whether the dog would make it. I never got it at all, even rubbing my hands in it, then I kept some goats and they got into some brush and picked it up on their coats. I got a nightmare case from touching them, and have always been susceptible since.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tried to delay getting a shot, and get on the firewood processor. Headed to the hospitol in a bit to get my broken index finger set straight and get a shot. This is no way to start a week! Plus, to sweeten my Monday, I became aware that I deposited a check from a customer that bounced. Surprisingly, I'm not even in a bad mood. Just taking it in stride.

I tried squeezing some time in on the firewood processor early today. Got a log sideways in the 6 way wedge. Used a piece of firewood to bash it out of being stuck. My second swing went astray and slammed my hand into some metal. The first segment of the finger coming off the hand took to blow into a 90 degree corner of metal. At home having lunch now and heading to get myself mended. I want them to see about correcting the finger is they can.

I'm just a trainwreck this week! I'm just playing it cool. Gotta make it to tomorrow night, then I'm off the rest of the week to do a little walleye fishing. A buddy owed me a favor on some help I gave him in a bind. He booked a charter on lake Erie and bought me a spot on board as a thank you.

For sure. Don't be decieved guys. I'm healthy and well. Just a few quirks to iron out.

The last time I had a broken finger I recall it hurt like hell. Wish i had thought of fishing as a remedy. Take care, Chris, have a good trip.

Got a pack of steroids. Finger is NOT broken. It swelled in such a way to appear that way. Steroids and tylenol 3. I should be running strong shortly. I did manage to shear a sprocket on the drive chain on the processor this morning as well. Today is one of those days. But ya know what, there's people out there today suffering REAL tragedies. Me, I just had a silly day.

I think somebody has been trying to tell you to stop what you're doing, Chris. Just pull in the reins for a couple days. At least with the (almost) broken finger you won't be scratching the poison ivy.

I'm in the midst of a lease purchase on the set up. Timberwolf Pro HD and an old ratty, but solid 3 cylinder diesel conveyor.
IMAG0304.jpg

IMAG0305.jpg

IMAG0321.jpg

The bottom picture is about 5 hours work on ideal sized wood. Too small and it is slow going. too big is just as bad. I get about a 1.5 to 2 cords an hour if I don't dull the chain, jam logs up, or get distracted. With ideal sized wood that is.

Currently, no. It's a long story, explained in detail many moons ago. Part of my lease purchase price includes unlimited raw material off of several thousand acres the current owner owns. Once I own it, if I follow through with the purchase end of things, that would stop. Now, I havent cut one tree down to feed it yet this spring. The owner has had his employees clearing land with dozers and excavators a few miles away for something or other being built. So they run triaxles of wood over and dump it at the machine. Here's some of what they cleared that is now at the machine that I'm chewing on.
IMAG0383.jpg

Thinking out load it looks like there might be a fair amount of decent saw logs in that pile .If that's the case would it be a more luctrative idea to salvage some lumber out of them rather than firewood ?

In my pea mind I'd think even pallet grade stuff would fetch more than firewood .Of course there's a lot more involved in lumber than firewood I realize .

That wood had been mishandled terribly Al. I didn't harvest it. Lots of splits, fiber pull, 8 foot long even with no buffer. Plus, its mostly Norway maple, and truth be told, I'm not so sure my nearest mill will buy it.

Currently I have about 11 times that amount of logs waiting to be split. I MUST get on that processor for a few days atleast.

Butch, the steroids made me jittery this morning but within hours itching has ceased with no new rashes emerging.

Damn man that sucks. I got the itch bad a couple of years ago, now I won't work near the stuff at all. It's just not worth it.

Steroids eh? You'll have to remember to do some working out while you're fishing, arm curls with a 341ml weight I think are just what the doctor ordered.

I had to get prednisone once for PI (the state plant of Southern IL -that's like West VA, for people that don't know that normal IL has all the corn). It worked wonders and worth every penny, which I can say that even without it having gotten on the Bigshot and throwballs.

How are you doing with it, Chris? Should be past the worst of it by now, hopefully. Mine always seems to peak about 2-3 days after exposure.

Back