Night vision options

sawinredneck

Treehouser
I find myself in need of somehing for night vision. I will admit, I know nothing about this. I don't know jack about gen. differences, infared etc. I need something evectivly inexpensive. I am covering an area around 50yds. and it's dark. If you sit and watch your eyes will start to play tricks on you and you can see what you want!
Something that can be used for other things in the future would also be nice:D But the thermal imager I saw last night left me les than impressed, it was a monocular that killed your night sight and could easily give you away!
Any suggestions?

I havent played with them much in the last 5 years but I did a couple years before that. Watch for what generation they are, projected lamp life and the big diff between mono and binocular style. I was blown away when I tried on a Gen III system back then, I put them on and went in to what I thought was a pitch black bathroom, fired them up and a few seconds after warm up, man I could see EVERYTHING, at the time that pair was about $15,000 here. Not sure what they would run these days.

When I worked in the hydroponic biz a store had a Spy Store franchise in one of their outlets, I carried their catalogue around and sold a few items for commission. the popular one was the collapsible police baton. and the phone tap detector, I think I gave the one I had away to a treehouser a few years ago.

spy vs spy in kelowna BC (sorta near Squishie)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cheap enough that he can hide the cost from his wife. :P

Brian nailed this one!!!! Yeah, I'd like to be under $200, WELL under is better! And I'd like to have them by next weekend.

Thanks for the link on the Gens Paul! a gen 2 would be about all I need, a gen one would work though!

The black and white infared illuminator the PD let me use last night for a bit was really dissapointing! I'd imagine that was better than $2k, but they got it on a grant.

Ahhhhh she'll just go behind his back and get involved in a major fixer upper flip project behind his back..... The man has got to have some fun of his own:lol::lol::lol:

You can find decent Gen1 night vision for around 150.00 to 300.00 dollars. Gen2 will go about 1200 to 2000 dollars. I think you can find some Gen 3 for 3500 to 5000 dollars. I have a Gen1 monocular it is okay. I think Gen2 would be real nice. But if I am going to spend 1000.00 dollars on some optics, it will be a Swarovski scope for my Weatherby 300.

Sorry I can't be of much help, Andy, if your budget was twenty fold I would be more help.

There are some killa therma's (infared), but they are way out of my current "plausible" price bracket.

Yeah, I know Carl! 10k and I could have anything I wanted. I don't have jack right now, and just need to catch a peeper.

I sent them and email Steve, but no idea where to even start on the price?

I just checked Bushnells website all of their night vision are Gen1. Offer him 100 and go to 175 if you really want them. There is a website called Woot. They sell one product a day at very low prices. Everyday is a different product. The other day they had a Little giant 23 foot ladder system for $149.00. Shipping is always 5 dollars. I picked up a Gen1 monocular there for 70 dollars. But have not seen them available since. Here is an example: http://www.woot.com/

Oh and Leon you got it wrong. Smoking lots of dope gives you visions at night not Night vision :) :)

Back