How'd it go today?

Had a bid opening today, ended up with a co I've never heard of:? This should be an interesting few weeks coming up

I've never had so many companies bid on a contract before..this down economy is bringing out a lot of gypsie types:X

Happy happy Joy Joy. The home owner with the slopes from hell did not schedule any more days this year :D
Ahhhhhhh Done at last and have a few thousand to make on his referrals :D

did a pruning then went to another site for more, took a call and did a site visit for a report, sold the branches I pruned from job 2 to a garden center (flowering cherry well budded and ready to pop, they are going to try to sell them :) ) home for a pizza and printed some invoices. oh, and a check in the mail for a job from the past. a good day, except i got soaked inthe rain, oh well, its just water, eh?

Smashed a sycomore before lunch, did a larger pecan after.

Tomorrow I go back and haul the logs, grind the stumps, do a little pole saw work, and give them a bid on removing a bunch of sidewalk that will take 2-4 days and needs to be done by Thursday.

Spent 8 solid hours on my desk even though real busy. Wanted to strangle someone. Rather chip thorned honelocust all day than work on my desk. Got er done tho.

Had to make an emergency trip to the hospital last night...not to worry everyone is o.k... better safe than sorry.

today I'm shit canning the dickheads that bid low on my pruning contract...because they are so underqualified, a girl scout troop would stand a better chance of winning the bid

Haha, that's doesn't sound half bad actually.

I'm not sure how I'd explain it to customers, though. You know they would always ask about it.

From Websters: "to go over in the mind repeatedly and often casually or slowly"

"Sir, this is the manner in which we address solving your tree problem"

Pruned and cabled a Cherry, took down 2 Ash's and 1 small Maple, all for my old boss. Got my pay and checked out a quick job, and called back with a price on another. "It'll be only $375" ...."Geeze that's more than I want to pay, it's only a rental property....it's only a little stick tree, straight up" "Yep, a 12" DBH stick, not dropable from the ground, you have my number"

If I can only get paid what I do now and work for someone, life would be good.:roll:

A good money day for me today. I collected over a thousand dollars from two different guys that have owed me money for a couple months. I killed a couple trees this morning and scheduled work for tomorrow and Monday. It's only been about a week and a half since work started picking back up and I'm already making significant headway in the debt I acquired this winter. I hate being in debt.
:)

Finally, Friday is here!! And that means only another week of school until Spring Break:D8)

Going to cook tacos tonight and prepare for humping brush and climbing tomorrow.

Ran some errands like a mad man today, and I saw a couple crews driving around. So, people are movin'! Got my saw back from the shop (stuck valves), picked up yard signs, picked up 2-ply estimate and invoice sheets, bid two jobs, called and faxed mad crazy tons of people... I'm tired. ...gooood... :D

Chipped brush, felled trees, and overbid a tree today.

It's a PITA neighbor; I don't want it. Called my local "competition", and let him know how much I bid it.

Love it Erik... !
Worked at our very first clients today from when I took over my half. Found some great manzanita over 300 years old. Had a blast. Wind was high and could not burn near the heritage manzanita so it all had to come up hill :P We're beat! I had fixed a small pine over there from two years ago and it looked like it was standing on its own now. Took the guy off it for the year, possibly for all time. Had too big a snow load on it couple years back and bent over. All fixed now :D

Back