How'd it go today?

I'm FREEEEEEEEE!

Done with jury duty! About thought it was gonna be hung. Then finally a verdict! Whew! Feel for the defendant. But he made a bad judgment call and got caught under the influence of his prescribed meds. Tough call by all concerned.

wrenched my lower back shoveling chips this am. guess im gonna be part of the old man crowd on vitamin i now:( bright side is the phone went crazy today!

good day. rainy but my morning consult ( a one hour donation to a client's charity auction), turned into a $1000 install for Gramma next Monday. Then did the last 2 hours of a regular client pruning / cleanup, a site visit for a new client to do a design for a front and back yard install then home to finish up an arborist report. Now some yummy looking lasagna getting plated by the wife. :D

Beautiful day here today. I planned on going to Maryland to help out the folks with some tree work and reclaim my old 89' S-10, but once again, as soon as plans are made, work pops up. ...need the work... ...stay in town.

Work just exploded this past week here as well. I'm back to working every day all of a sudden and I'm getting 1-2-3 calls per day.

Phone been busy here too... Pretty amazing how the nice weather has brought them out of the wood work. Might have a bit to do with tax season being close to the margin.:dontknow:

Can't complain about having to tightly schedule clients though :)

PRETTY DAY

i am now shoveling the remains of 7 pines that made their way into the chipper. LOTS OF CHIPS to move now. tree dudes did a great job with my removals - LET THERE BE LIGHT.

I finished my trailer hitch project. Well almost I have the electrical jury rigged and it needs to be painted but everything else is done. I'm using it tomorrow for a liquid amber removal.

Attachments

• trailer 019 (Small).jpg
    trailer 019 (Small).jpg
    77 KB · Views: 42
  • trailer 020 (Small).jpg
    trailer 020 (Small).jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 42
Are the fenders supposed to look like that? It looks like it's a little close to the front wheel.

Pretty sweet though! Dump trailers are sweet.

My son smashed it with the tractor while loading some stuff in the trailer. I think with the new hitch the front of the trailer is lower than it was putting the fender down closer to the front wheel. I've been thinking of replacing the fender with something heavier that maybe can handle the tractor pushing on it. I just got back from a little test drive. Handles quite a bit better. The pickup isn't reared up in the front like it was.

They're custom ;)

Nice looking setup, Steve.

I took out 5 topped and retopped and topped again oaks today for a housing authority. They added another 1.4x in work to be done tomorrow afternoon/Friday and some concrete and other work that I'll see fully tomorrow.

Got the rest of the week including Sunday booked solid X 2. Hopefully by Thurs/Friday of next week, I'll be caught back up.

When I move the axles forward on my dump trailer, I figure on making some HD fenders to go with them. It's nice being able to hang a rachet strap on the fender and not worry about it bending.

I forgot to add, I'm burnt as hell on my face. I figure I've got another 30 hours of sun shine to soak up this week.

Add X2: Kev can't work Friday so it'll be a long day tomorrow to knock out the rest of the tree work. I might grind Friday instead as the grinder is already over there.

Ba'lee 'dat. I fixed it.

DSC00807.jpg

Back