How'd it go today?

Work is picking up here as well. I worked three jobs today with a guy who hasn't used me since last summer. Total of 4 removals plus some trimming on 3-4 other trees. I have two jobs for tomorrow as well.

Hey Erik, the novocaine works better if you have some food in your system. Always eat an hour before your dentist appointment. When I don't eat it takes twice as long and three times as much novocaine to numb me for fillings or whatever.

It was another halfassed day for me. It's been hard to get around. I let the cut end of a 4" branch charliehorse me yesterday and it really hurts today. No visible bruise... it's down deep.

I finished a pruning job and that was about it. I have some hack pictures from that I'll post later... it's a weird story but my ex-wife's new hubby thinks because I do tree work so can he and he was at this property before I was called... Oy!

Finishing up some homework and going to stitch another FS.

Also rearranging my gear for Saturday. We're doing a big volunteer day at the Ashland Estate. Should be fun, as they got hit hard from the ice storm and only have had a few days of work done, so there is plenty to do, from removals to pruning. Also going to work with a few buzz guys.(same guys I have harvested mistle toe with and done some other climbing with) Plus, the media may be around, so we may end up on tv or in the papers.

Hey Erik, the novocaine works better if you have some food in your system. Always eat an hour before your dentist appointment. When I don't eat it takes twice as long and three times as much novocaine to numb me for fillings or whatever.

Never heard of that, but I went after lunch; figured I might as well go on a full stomach, since I probably wouldn't be able to eat later. :roll:

I've got a bottle of ibuprofen, a tube of Orajel, and a fifth of Evan Williams- one of them is bound to work! :lol:

It was another halfassed day for me. It's been hard to get around. I let the cut end of a 4" branch charliehorse me yesterday and it really hurts today. No visible bruise... it's down deep.

Ouch, dude! I've been there.... smarts like hell! Hope it goes away fast! :)

[...]

I've got a bottle of ibuprofen, a tube of Orajel, and a fifth of Evan Williams- one of them is bound to work! :lol:

Ice water was a good temporary pain reliever for me... got me through a weekend once.

Ice water was a good temporary pain reliever for me... got me through a weekend once.

YUP!!! I remeber having to suffer through a weekend needing a root canal! Worst damn pain imaginable!! Cutting off my thumb was a cake walk compared to that sucker!! I was doing straight shots of Jack chasing with beer and eating Lortabs like candy. NOTHING worked! I started the ice water and could tollerate it. No sleep, but it was bearable.
I couldn't believe how good that shot felt when I got to the dentist!! I slept through the whole procedure!

Really awesome tree Brett. And great work on saving it :)

Jury duty today.... Yup got picked... Guess I will be there again tomorrow.... And I have to reschedule some clients :P

Last edited:
Really tree Brett. And great work on saving it :)

Jury duty today.... Yup got picked... Guess I will be there again tomorrow.... And I have to reschedule some clients :P

Dang that sucks too... unless you get to fry an AIG exec or somthing

Jury duty is a PITA.

Got my summons a few days ago, telling me I failed to respond to the last one.

Work is picking up here also. I just went and did a bid and the people said "when can you do it"? Haven't heard that in a while.
On my trailer yesterday I decided to box the channel iron, so I went and bought 24' of 1/4"X6" flat stock and tacked it in. I suck at overhead welding so I took the trailer to my cousin's shop and we flipped it upside down using his forklift and backhoe loader.

Attachments

• trailer 017 (Small).jpg
    trailer 017 (Small).jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 36
  • trailer 018 (Small).jpg
    trailer 018 (Small).jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 36
You can see the way Kevin's ramps attached to the trailer from the factory, super sketchy. The metal they're tying into is maybe 1/8":

DSC05494.jpg

So I cut that crap off this afternoon and made this. Sorry for the crappy pictures, the camera I used had an anemic flash.

3" channel with about 2' of 3" channel cut in half for the supports.
DSC00790.jpg

DSC00793.jpg

DSC00796.jpg

attended a chainsaw course today, part of my 'due diligence' thing for WCB. It was actually a fun day, a few hours in class then a few hours cutting random trees apart. Got to try a 192T, 200T, 200 rear handle, a new than mine MS 260 and run my own MS260 a bunch. Did some plunge cuts, practiced hinges and met some good folks.

:) and I agree with some folk here, the 200 rear handle is a nice light saw, seems to be a GOOD alternative to an MS260.

Back