How'd it go today?

sorry Chip...could not resist. :PThis building was slated for burning/demo...so yeah rescue. Pretty big colony with lots of honey stores. I'll post some pics if yall want.

Brian I just heard on the communist station (NPR) that in Florida they aren't supposed to rescue any more wild bee hives. That there is too much of a chance the hive is Africanized.

sounds like a cool dad nick, i only dreamed of a truck like that at your age!
neat vid john, my speakers must be bad, made you sound funny:/:

Went to bid on four Pines, dead as door nails. 50-60ft. trees, two had to be climed an have the tops blown to avoid power lines. ALAP and haul everything off. Not a terrible job.
Lady says,"Well I had another company come and they quoted me $125 a tree, can you beat that price?"
I thanked her for the call, told her I couldn't, and wouldn't be able to beat it and got in the truck and left.
And I thought I was cheap!

Yep Andy, we have an outfit here that claims they'll takedown ANY pine for $125. Then there's this other guy putting up signs that say:

Free Pine Tree
919/xxx-xxx
Insured
Removal?

The signs are layed out exactly as above. I've called a few times but he never calls back.

I don't climb for less than $125, never mind moving the wood off the property.

I just remembered, that first company bid $125 on a 110' loblolly right over the corner of an expensive house. When I bid $800 the guy almost laughed me off the property. I was happy to leave.

Big oak I looked at today

This was a tree I did four years ago. The owner was concerned because the two main leads had separated during a storm, leaving a 4" wide split. I installed four cables in the canopy and two threaded rods about 3 feet above the root flare. There is now plenty of new growth on the edges of the split and the ends of the rods will soon be overgrown. The tree is due for some deadwood pruning and roof clearance. It's about 6 feet in diameter at the base.

Attachments

• HPIM0874.JPG
    HPIM0874.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • HPIM0875.JPG
    HPIM0875.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • HPIM0872.JPG
    HPIM0872.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • HPIM0873.JPG
    HPIM0873.JPG
    845 KB · Views: 5
  • Photo001.JPG
    Photo001.JPG
    992.5 KB · Views: 5
  • HPIM0869.JPG
    HPIM0869.JPG
    492.9 KB · Views: 5
That's very cool Brett!8)

Andy to bad you had to waste your time and fuel driving there. The pricing sounds ridiculous.

My secretary informs customers of our minimum charge BEFORE I go out to bid. ;) Saves me a lot of time and aggravation.

What an effed up day.

Chipped brush until noontime... after being sick with the flu all last nite.

Had a dentist appointment in the afternoon to get a wisdom tooth pulled; ended up scrubbing after several attempts with novacaine went nowhere. Had to reschedule for a sedated removal.

Yup... WONDERFUL DAY!

At least the weather was nice!

Finally my phone started ringing today. Funny how that goes hand and hand with a slightly nicer day, and no more frigging snow!

Had a dentist appointment in the afternoon to get a wisdom tooth pulled; ended up scrubbing after several attempts with novacaine went nowhere. Had to reschedule for a sedated removal.

Dude... that really sucks.

Last one I had taken out the dentist, a close friend, had a wide stance braced against the pedestal holding my head with one hand while he wrenched it back and forth using his whole upper body. The tooth socket didn't hurt as much as my neck and jaw.

He nailed the nerve with the Novocaine though.

Back