Good Beers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sure you could put it in the winter abbey as well.

The Bluemoon ended up being a Belgian white because he said they were all out of Winter abbey. No biggie being I handet tried either before.
I tried without orange and then with small orange slice, then the last one I put a lot of orange in and I liked it that way the best. But by then I had also had a few of the others and a buzz was on.

Also tried a All Malt beer, Porter and it wasnt bad. But it had a chocolate flavor. If you like chocolate give it a try. But chocolate and beer just dont seem right in my book.

Then Shocktop, this would be a good summer time beer IMO, citrus with orange, lime and ?? something else citrus added. Belgian white.

All this was going on while working on some saws for a friend and making up some loops of chains 8).

Took this crappy cell phone pic. So I wouldnt have to run to barn to see what they were. :D

3kindbeer.jpg

I tried to restrain from posting on a thread about beer, but I cant stand it! Homemade tomatoe juice, aka redeye, is hard to beat in my book. Nothing wrong with a homemade spirit either. Just drink moderately and enjoy. :P

I've always thought that Guiness has a mid chocolate like taste. On tap is much better than the canned or bottled.

I had a girlfriend who would take a bottle of Guiness to bed with her, to be indulged in the first thing in the morning after waking. She loves Guiness. That's where I first tasted it, the beer I mean.

There used to be an Irish Pub that had Guiness on tap. I agree Jay. It seemed better. I used to buy a pint or 2 every time I stopped there. It was a restaurant/pizza/sub/calzone shop connected to the bar. We used to order food and go hang at the bar/shoot pool/drink while the food was prepared. Family that ran it retired. Reopened, but didn't last long. I don't think most people realize what a grind that job is.

A waiting bar is a cool deal at a restaurant, one that is run well so the transition from the bar to your table with your unfinished drink is a smooth one. Don't drink too much and make the wrong turn and walk into the kitchen! When you can eat at/in the bar, that is cool too.

Dust Bowl Brewery. Hops of Wrath IPA
Really cool micro brewery just up the road from me. Distributed out of Modesto. Not sure how availability is outside the valley.

The little/seasonal ones are the best.

hops_of_wrath_logo_lg-150x150.png

Deschutes Brewery, in Bend, Oregon, puts out my favorite brews. Someone mentioned Black Butte Porter, which I'll agree is a tasty dark, but my first choice is the Obsidian Stout. My everyday drinker.

I won't usually buy anything that isn't at least a decently sturdy amber. I don't see how y'all can abide an American lager...yuck :). I'd rather not drink than gag down the swill Al likes :P.
:D

100% agreement on all counts!
Well, except the daily part, more like weekly-monthly

Everyday is not the same as every day :D. I didn't mean to say daily, just that it's my regular brew that is in the fridge as a matter of course.

But add in my normal scotch intake, and it does seem to round out to about every evening that I enjoy a sip of something, in due moderation, of course ;).

I have one left of a 3 month old six pack. I just get a hankering once in awhile in the shop

High quality microbrews don't really have all that long a shelf life, for best flavor fresher is better...better drink up, punk :D.

I recall reading about a monastery in Europe where the monks make their own beer to have with their meals, and also make enough for a relatively small offering to the public. Anyone familiar with this beer? It's not the monk made beer that is sold in liquor stores, that's another group.

I missed this post the first time through .I'm not sure if the one in the posted picture is it or not .At any rate it's a wheat beer ,very good but very heavy .

My nephew who is somewhat of a world traveler says the Germans call it "bread in a bottle "

Attachments

• beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 27
High quality microbrews don't really have all that long a shelf life, for best flavor fresher is better...better drink up, punk :D.

I disagree. Good quality microbrew is like wine. Age dont hurt it none, if anything, it refines it. If stored properly.

Anyone ever try this.

Its all the craze here, and they cant brew it fast enough.

Surly Brewing

also a great story about how the owner went from home-brewer to full on brewery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
After going out for supper, I hope to bring home another new brew.

Sure wish I could find that imported Lowenbrau. :cry:

Back