Good Beers

Many of the really fine micro breweries are started by homebrewers.

Just as with wine, the bigger amount you make at one time, the more uniform it gets. So homebrewed beer will have more diversity from batch to batch, than brewery beer.
But that is not a bad thing IMO.

As for the Goat pizz thing, the smaller the brewing wat, the cleaner you've got to keep everything. So you'll sometimes get a batch with a bacterial or vinegar infection.
A conscientious homebrewer throws that in the sewer.

A smart one ( like me) runs any brew not up to standard through the pot still 2-3 times and keeps the alcohol for later consumption, before throwing the remains in the sewer:D

Summit makes a few beers I like. Maibock and Winter Ale being my favorite.

A Surly Bender is always nice or a Black Butte Porter.

I also recently discovered Trois Pistoles which almost has a wine taste in the background. Very unique along with the fact it has a cork rather than a cap...

4loko_watermelon.jpg

Different people just have different tastes regarding beer or anything else for that matter .Some like the heavy hops taste in brands like Strohs,the milder flavored like Budweiser or the watery taste of Coors .

On occasion the heavier German style beers are nice providing you only have several .The stuff is heavy duty and fills you up pretty fast ,almost like heavy ale .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What I've had was made by folks really into it, one guy a bus driver who took me to work some years ago. Most of his conversations were around beer

Just goes to prove everyone has their own little niche in life's path. 8)

Yep, whether it be chainsaws or beer or something else doesn't matter, long as you've got something.

I recall reading about a monastery in Europe where the monks make their own beer to have with their meals, and also make enough for a relatively small offering to the public. People line up in their cars each year and are allowed to purchase a certain amount until they sell out, which they always do. I don't believe that the beer is sold elsewhere. Some recollection about them using an old process, where the beer is made in large open trays, or something along those lines....? Anyone familiar with this beer? It's not the monk made beer that is sold in liquor stores, that's another group.

After working on the snow plow hydraulic system and :X old plow truck all day breaking chit and nothing going as planned and having to temp fix some chit. I'm ready to kick back on my mini vacation and enjoy some new brews starting tomorrow :big-jump:.

Hopefully ready for the snow again 8).

Asahi rocks my world, and the occasional Guinness....just wish it was available nearby on tap.

Ahh Jay, I use to live in Osaka and sad to say do not at all miss beer in Japan. Have they got any decent microbrews lately to come on the scene?

I guess I got more into the Shouchu and freshly squeezed mikan chu hi. Where are you located in Nihon?

Eric

I'm drinking a Sessions beer, made by full sail out of Northern Oregun,

That's an internet picture, I'm not into the bracelets so much.
FYI

Attachments

• sessions.jpg
    sessions.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 3
Beerwise I would have to say I am damn exited that Redhook Witerhook is back on the shelves for the season! My favorite seasonal beer baby!

I thought the watermelon was just tolerable, barely.

Blackout in a can!

That stuff is nasty! When I saw it hit the news I rushed out and got one of each flavor. All 3 of us sampled them and poured the rest down the drain cause none of us could drink them. If you like energy drinks you might enjoy them though, seemed very similar.

I recall reading about a monastery in Europe where the monks make their own beer to have with their meals, and also make enough for a relatively small offering to the public. People line up in their cars each year and are allowed to purchase a certain amount until they sell out, which they always do. I don't believe that the beer is sold elsewhere. Some recollection about them using an old process, where the beer is made in large open trays, or something along those lines....? Anyone familiar with this beer? It's not the monk made beer that is sold in liquor stores, that's another group.

I think this is it Jay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westvleteren_Brewery

I tried Fosters when I was in AK, as it was the same price there as any other beer. I thought it was OK. Maybe the goat pizz you drank had been sitting on the shelf for a while?

I haven't had a Fosters for years, we can't buy it here anymore.

I like Larger mainly but a good black beer is ok. I really don't drink anything but Coopers unless it's free, about the best I reckon. They've been around for a while, and make some good beers.8)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coopers_Brewery

Oh, never drink beer in aluminum cans, tastes like crap compared to glass.

Right, Gord, those are the brothers who make the good beer. It seems like one would be lucky to be close enough to purchase their brews.

Eric, I'm in Nagano ken. I'm not familiar with the micro-beer goings on here, but one place about twenty minutes away has decent fare.

The Hancock brewery in Denmark is one of the two the old breweries here that makes really good beer. the rest have all been bought up by Carlsberg and turned to making mass proced crap.
I send a couple of bottles to a beer loving friend in California for x-mas every year.

Old Cambrinus has a fruity taste to it, and a bouquet like a good German riesling. One of my favourite beers.

Even though it says light beer on the label, it has 9½% alcohol!

hancock-cambrinus.as.jpg

Brain overload trying to choose :|:. So I went for another seasonal beer called Winter's Bourbon Cask-Ale. Winter ale aged on bourbon oak cask and whole madagascar vanilla beans.

I dont taste any vanilla flavor on the list of stuff, but taste the hint of bourbon. I like ;). 6% also

More info

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/brandPages/micWintersBourbon.html

That bus driver in England who was into home brew, he said that he could make it out of just about anything, and was going to try out of steak and kidney pie. Must be a Brit thing?

OK so much for trying different beers on this mini vacation. I have drink Winter's Bourbon CaskAle 3 days in a row now. Either I have become a light weight or the buzz from this stuff comes on fast. 8)

Yeah I really liked it.

Maybe I have gotten into a bad habit with friends. Buddy calls up and says I need you to look over my saw. He drops it off later on. I send him links to parts needed. He orders.

He says when the parts come in I'll bring a new to you beer to try while working on the saw. He ask you tried Blue Moon. :D:D never tried it but will real soon 8).

Will work for beer, beers I havent tried, got to luv it ;). :lol::lol:

Make sure to try it with an orange slice in it.

:? can you help out on why? Whats it do?

I mean I can buy some oranges for the beer no problem, but wonder why. Just slice and squeeze into beer or shove it into bottle :lol:.

It is supposed to accentuate the flavor of the beer. Might be best to pour it in a glass and put the orange slice in that :P. I remember going to this big hippie party at school with blue moon and sierra nevada kegs, and the blue moon keg had one gallon buckets full of orange slices. It was just something different to try. If you don't like it you could always take the oranges out and put in a few olives to make a poor mans martini, thats what I do with my budweiser :D.

Back