Good Beers

Bought young guy that is working with me lately a brew for the weekend as a tip for a few days of good attitude, a Phillips Brewing Longboat Chocolate Porter, to get his mind off Molson Canadian and enter the world of flavourful, different beers. I havent had one in a long time but a couple years ago I did a bit of a sampling over the quieter months, 1 or 2 different beers on the weekends to taste and enjoy. http://phillipsbeer.com/Beers/longboat-chocolate-porter
PhillipsChocolatePorter.jpg

On my daily commute, I met a bus driver in Great Britain that was into making his own beer. He was a heavy set fellow that wore a leather apron so the steering wheel could slide easily against it. He gave me some ale that was excellent, smuggled onto his bus, apparently. He claimed that he could make beer out of just about anything, including steak and kidney pie. Not sure i would have wanted to try that recipe.

One of my exes' dad gave me a home brew called Goat Scrotum Ale. Good stuff, but home brew is another thread entirely.

Goat scrotum ,how odd .

Rolling Rock of LaTrobe Pa has a picture of a race horse because it was popular at the local horse track .Okay if ice cold .If it gets the least bit warm refer to the horse picture for origin

I don't think that you can very much isolate beer from the drinking location, and/or purpose in consuming it. Though Rainer ale may not be something you would like for your friends to see you drinking, somehow when bass fishing, it fits the atmosphere and thirst perfectly, and if you want to get plastered quick, just wrap your lips around the lowly Mickey's Big Mouth. As for Al's warm Rolling Rock, there must be a place and time for it somewhere. Maybe when you know that you have been bad and the wife throws you out. I don't know that there is a bad beer.

I think this is a cool recycling job..

Attachments

• recycled-bottles-DIY-beer-chandelier.jpg
    recycled-bottles-DIY-beer-chandelier.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 10
Back