Good Beers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kevin the blue color Lowenbrau 500ml can I have in front of me has all German wording on it except "serve cold".It doesn't look like its canned by Miller.

Willard.

Found the info on what I was talking about.

From the mid '70s until 2002, Löwenbräu beer sold in American markets was brewed under license by Miller Brewing Company. Although it claimed to use the same "recipe", this American brewed version included corn in the grain bill, so the taste was markedly different from the Munich brewed version (most notably lacking was the malty flavor characteristic of many German lagers).

After 2002, Löwenbräu began directly exporting its beer from Munich. In the years before the Miller licensing arrangement, Löwenbräu Oktoberfest beer bottled for export for sale in the U.S. was in the "Märzen" style, an amber/copper hued beer in the 6.2+ ABV range. With the return of authentic German Löwenbräu to the U.S., as currently offered this product is lighter color (in the "Helles" style), although still of higher alcohol content than Löwenbräu Original.

Real ale still fermenting in your glass, with a small head and served at room temp, is what beer really is, imo. The cold gaseous stuff doesn't measure up to it, but it takes a number of pints before the enlightenment process begins.

If you live in a place where you can get Yuengling, consider yourself very lucky! It isn't available in New England but a few friends will bring me a case when they come home from New York or the mid atlantic states.

Dogfish head 90 min IPA is awesome. Sierra Nevada Celebration is also availabe right now.

I like the good brews but I also love MILLER HIGH LIFE! (its the champagne of beers)

There's a local brewery here, Driftwood, that makes a one they call a Farmhand Ale, it's fantastic. I had a fair few Ozujsko's in Croatia, then found I could buy it locally, it's one of my favorite easy drinking beers.

I like lots of different beers. Locally we have Granville Island brewery, they make some good beers, seasonal and year round recipes. One beer I won't drink again, Gulden Draak. ick.

Probabley the nastiest goat pizz I ever drank has to be Fosters .However that was after slurping down Bud Lite all day and we ran out .

It probabley is okay if your taste buds are not accustomed to lighter beer afore hand .Take Rolling Rock .It's a tad different and not too bad if it's cold as ice .Let it get just a tad warm then you will notice the horse on the bottle which might get you to thinking about the contents there of .

re darker beers, sure! I like Guinness, Hobgoblin and I had some double chocolate porter last year I enjoyed.

I did that last winter, went to the liquor store once a week and bought 6 or 8 bottles during the winter layoff. Not going to happen this year, I am tired of pissing my money away, so to speak.

Like Al, I like Budweiser.

Just not the American one.

The original is one of the world's great beers.

budwar_copy_1.jpg

Like Al, I like Budweiser.

Just not the American one.

The original is one of the world's great beers.

View attachment 29019

I had several glasses of that straight out of the finishing vats in Ceske Budejovice, best I've ever had. I can buy that locally but I don't think the trip over here does it any favors.

The few bottles of home made beer that I've had were quite tasty. There are some kits available, apparently it's pretty easy when you have the gear assembled.

I've had home brew but never any that didn't taste like vinagar or goat pizz although on the later I really have no reference I am aware of . Now homemade wine and moonshine are different subjects all together .

Maybe what you tasted, Al, were first efforts? What I've had was made by folks really into it, one guy a bus driver who took me to work some years ago. He snuck me a few bottles of both light and dark when no other passengers were looking. Not sure that the bus authority would have approved? Most of his conversations were around beer, and it wasn't only his hands pressed up against the steering wheel.

Back