Another ugly stump

Chip, the only cut made was the back cut. I'd guess it was a fairly heavy leaner and the cutter simply made one cut from the back.

Oh duh, I totally missed the boat on that one... it was leaning the other way.

...never mind.

The first incident of barberchair in my experience, I didn't know what it was...that there was a name for it. I just suddenly realized that tree work was more dangerous than I had previously thought, and the cautionary about trees with lean registered. I thought it was unsightly to leave the mess, and quickly cut it off, after somehow getting the saw unstuck. It wasn't a particularly large tree, but revealing dangerous enough then when I drive through the area, it still comes to mind.

This was painful to watch and I did not know where to put it.... No gore... just ... ohhhhhhhh man... needs some schoolin
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wAVs4dywKso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh k, as I type this the guy is STILL on the undercut... Don't think I'm gonna be able to make it till the tree goes over (in some direction). Man, a beaver would be faster. Nope... he's still on the undercut... can't do it. Sorry Stephen.

Nice how he managed to make a hybrid of a traditional, Humboldt and gap facecut.
Must be concerned with keeping his hingewood intact as long as possible into the fall.
I bet the slanted back cut helps a lot with that too.
Impressive!

" Safety slant".
That is a good one.
Can I use it?

Back