Stump pulling with firetruck

That root ball will burn .Just saw loose the trunk and roll that ball around with that back hoe to knock the dirt off .

Root ball story . Probabely 24 years ago a buddy of mind had a huge silver maple growing next to a small barn on an intown lot he had bought for little of nothing .

My other buddy sawed while I had my D4 Cat cabled to it and brought it down then a 410 John-Deere hoe dug out the rootball that was as large as the cab of a pick up truck .No kidding .BTW a 410 is a large hoe .

It took him all summer building fires under that thing but he finally got it all burned . However I am in agreeance a grinder would have been easier .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK, I'll ask...how come you didn't take it out with the backhoe, like a normal person, instead of the hillbilly method?
:)

Hahaha...just 'cause we wanted to??? Even with it dug out all the way around it still took a very stiff jolt to get the thing to turn loose...the b-hoe couldn't do it. That's our version of the caterpillar some of you guys use sometimes.

Besides, a little chaos and havoc is good for the soul once in awhile.

Al, I like the burning idea...after we roll it around to get the dirt out. We'll probably try that.

Well if you had a large enough wood stove I'd say stuff it in but that would indeed be a large stove which I doubt exists in Georgia .---or any where else for that matter :|:

Wasn't there room to pull the whole tree over using the weight of the tree to help bring it over..?

Knock the dirt off?

That wouldn't work very well around here.
You have to remember where the root ball is at .;)

In La. I doubt it would ever dry out enough to knock the mud off of it .

I've rolled them around with the dozer back in the older days and torched them off about 6 months later .Most burned but this is Ohio .

l just let'em lay around a few years and the rain does a good job on the dirt. Got a few here now that need to be burnt this winter. l doubt if my way would work out in the real world where y'all gotta get in and get the job done and be gone.

Nahhhhhh you need to hit the root ball with a fire hose....

Hayden will have mud pies to play with .. then burn the thing in a year and let the kid toast marshmallows...:lol:;):D
You guys are soooooooo limited in your thinking :lol::lol:

Get some kids!:lol::lol:

Wanna borrow mine?:lol::lol:

Yep, kids can help define a lot of it. I got home last night and the stump was already gone. My son had already moved it (with the spar still attached!?) down past the burn pile back into the woods...end of adventure for now.

If we ever do blast it with the pumper truck I will certainly get vid of that.

PLEASE!!!!!! :D

The guy we just did work for the last couple days just bought one out of Kentucky .... He is going to use it for personal fire protection on his 120 acres.

Back