What do you currently run?

What climber?

• Stihl 200t

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Stihl 201t

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Husky 540t

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • other, if so please state in your post.

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters
Good stuff Roger. My Dad ran Super EZs when I was a kid. When I started up I got a Poulan S 25 and stuck with them until I got a Stihl 191T. I tried some other tophandles along the way but they all had lousy balance/performance compared to the Poulans.(yeah, even the Stihls) Things are much better now.

What a hoot that story is, Willard! Thanks for sharing. Good on those guys for pulling off that stunt!

With all the talk about the Stihl 150 I dug out my little Echo 260 a few weeks ago, it's been sitting in the shed for years. A big drop from a 200 so I never used it much after I bought it.

Pulled the spark mesh, gave it a tune and made a new chain up instead of the safety chain it came with and it goes pretty good. Been using it a bit lately, it's light 2.9kg or 6.3lbs. 26cc and .9kw, the Stihl 150 is 1Kw so they are pretty close.

oct 2014 027.JPG

Little echos are great, I don't understand why the 150 was viewed as something new, I've used an echo on a light trim and it was great, costs buttons as well.

Buttons? Maybe in Europe but that thing cost me $500 about six years ago. The lightest chainsaw ever at the time, now you can get a Chinese copy for less than $150, so no resale value really.

After running 020T's & 200's for years before I didn't like it and it wouldn't idle so it went on the shelf. I was planning on selling it to Bermy but I couldn't get it running right and she bought the 150 before I did.

Just hadn't done enough work I think, only reason the paint is gone from the bar is from cutting palms, it still had the original chain. Once I pulled the screen and used it a bit it came good, well good enough for some of the things I have to do these days anyway. Most of the native hard stuff is gone from around here now.

I run a ms300T and and a 044 with a 036 back up for my limbing saws.....like a 066 for a bucking saw.....

Generally rather double cut faces with the 44 than carry the 66.

I double cut most faces anymore unless I'm feeling froggy. If I could get away with using a Swiss Army knife, I would. I still get a big sword out, but less then I used to.

FWIW I have an Echo 302 .Tom used it when he first went in business .It got dropped and I fixed it .

It's not a 200T by any means but for a tiny little thing it doesn't do bad .

Orrrr....

" The smaller the penis, the bigger the saw"

Maybe???

:P
:lol:

Orrrr....

" The smaller the penis, the bigger the saw"

Maybe???

:P
:lol:

Maybe it's..."bigger the wood, bigger the saw should be to do the job properly" :D.

As to your premise, Stig...I wouldn't know :lol:...as I rather suspect you wouldn't either ;).

I have a 338xp California for climbing (good saw just real cold blooded) any other time I have my 395xp. I love that big heavy anchor. Used it everyday logging and even took it up trees when I first started climbing. I put a big bore kit on it and put it up to 125 cc.

I have a ms201t with MM. A Echo cs-450p with MM. and a Echo cs 590 with MM and I ordered the 620pw wrap bars for it ill keep ya'll posted on the fitment/mod for getting them to work. I'm thinking im good on saw's for awhile.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not until you have back ups. Spares are a necessity imo, I couldn't imagine shutting a job down because one saw took a crap.

So, I should buy the same three again? If I had the money I guess that would be the best plan. But, im impressed with the echo products there sturdy. I was also wondering if im the only one on the forums that runs pretty MUCH only echo? lol. Squisher how man back up / saws do you run, just asking so I can get a idea how many I might need or plan for in the near future.

I roll with two 200ts or a 201 in the mix, two mid size saws 460 or 461, and one 660. If the trees are big, I'll bring more big saws. And because I'm a Stihl nut bar, I've got back ups for the backups and then some.

I'd strongly recommend a min of two tophandles, easier to get by without any other size/style than that.

I will keep that in mind, I might try a echo top handle and get it ported for my back up. And yes you do sound like a stihl nut...lol... I like whatever I don't have to work on...lol...and whatever is built up to pro grade standards.

You got that right. The best saw is a sharp one that runs properly. Stihl is what I know, so it's what I stick with, their longevity is simply amazing imo.

I have worked on stihl's here lately for my neighbor and my boss. There easy. Boss's was a older 260 or 261 I put cranck seals in it and my neighbor's is a homeowner stihl I cleaned the carb on and resealed the base on the cylinder. The carb had clear plastic in it I still have yet to know were it came from. lol...But they both run like a scolded dog now.

Back