What do you currently run?

What climber?

• Stihl 200t

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Stihl 201t

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Husky 540t

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • other, if so please state in your post.

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you squisher for your help tried to say it in pm but your mail is full.

Lol, I don't actually get a lot of pm's I've just been here along time.

That 660 is a runner. Built by Ed heard. EHP.

I'm not going to slam you, little brother...but really?? Echo?? Pro grade??

I'm old, maybe I'm outta the loop.

Jap's have been making 2 strokes longer then the germans and Swedish. Just saying. Yamaha and Honda haven't been around for 100 yrs for nothing. And guess what else . they start all the time. Im not saying I would only run echo forever but for the money, can't go wrong.

Chuckle it up fellas chuckle it up...:D Its all good fellas , im a good sport. I really want a 372, and a 550. But, with time, I will.

Lots of good things being said about echo ATM, the acid test is when pros start to rely on them.
In Europe at least I've never seen anyone use them exclusively. (In the tree industry)
In the great scheme of things the cost of a saw is not great €1000 for a 560,I wouldn't take a chance on anything but stihl/husky till the big boys started stocking up on them.

Echo saws are a good solid unit , they don't offer the best warranty out there for nothing at 5 years.
For a 8 Hour a day 5 day a week logging saw I would run either Stihl or Husqvarna's pro line.
But the way I look at it arborist tree work is kind of casual farm type saw use right ? From what little the average arborist seem to know about saws helps prove that too.
How many arbs or climbers run a saw 8 hour a day 5 days a week anyways? Echo offers a saw for any range of arb work besides a topnhandle like a Ms200 or 540 Husky.
But a little work from Mastermind Randy that TH Echo will do fine.
I field tested the twin cylinder 60cc Echo back in the early '80s logging. Found it was a solid very well built precision saw but wasn't designed for my timber falling work....would be the ultimate mid size farm or arb ground saw at the time though.

Holmentree, that is the way I look at it . If I was falling and logging exclusively with out a doubt I would run husky/stihl. Those logging saws run all day everyday. Unlike, arborist run it turn it off , then go to next job then start it use it some , etc..... From the look of my echo they are solid, Alum/mag case just like my pro line 201t.

Echo saws are a good solid unit , they don't offer the best warranty out there for nothing at 5 years.
For a 8 Hour a day 5 day a week logging saw I would run either Stihl or Husqvarna's pro line.
But the way I look at it arborist tree work is kind of casual farm type saw use right ? From what little the average arborist seem to know about saws helps prove that too.
How many arbs or climbers run a saw 8 hour a day 5 days a week anyways? Echo offers a saw for any range of arb work besides a topnhandle like a Ms200 or 540 Husky.
But a little work from Mastermind Randy that TH Echo will do fine.
I field tested the twin cylinder 60cc Echo back in the early '80s logging. Found it was a solid very well built precision saw but wasn't designed for my timber falling work....would be the ultimate mid size farm or arb ground saw at the time though.
Agreed my saws run a couple of hours a day at most. They're spoilt by logging standards
But, as you know Willard, it can be very lucrative work, so I'll buy the best I can. which means the big two.

Mick. It's an "eye for an eye" I agree. But if you have a solid reliable Echo dealer in your vicinity. .. support him.
I have a little Stihl/Husqvarna story from the 1980's to share later....but right now I have to help my daughter's make Christmas cookies
:D

Lately I've been making music with a long time friend of mine that I've been ignoring for awhile. Old style 372 with west coast spikes, full wrap bar, and a 28" Oregon bar with semi skip chain. I've missed that saw and truthfully that saw has turned more trees into paid bills then any other saw I've owned minus climbing saws.

I had an echo climbing saw given to me about 9 or 10 years ago. Rode in the truck as a back up, every time I pulled it out I ended up stuffing it back in the truck soon after. Finally just sold it. Only rock Stihl and certain models of those. Passed up an 044 the other day even because it wasn't the right model for me

Jap's have been making 2 strokes longer then the germans and Swedish. Just saying.

Would you care to back that up with some facts?
Otherwise I'll just say: "Bullshit" and let it stand.

I was given an Echo 3600 (I think) top handle. Thing has never not started. Sorta like a briggs and stratton versus a honda maybe. Not quite the performer, but solid and not finicky. I normally run a 200t and 192t in the tree, with the Echo as second fiddle in the even one of the first two goes down. I use if for ground work at the chipper sometimes.

Not bad, not my first choice. Plastic bumper "spikes". This is at least 10-15 years old, I'd guess. I run it on occasion just to keep everything moving through it, and use Stihl HP Ultra 2 cycle. Always starts!

So far I can get my 590 to start in one pull if I can catch the choke quick enough. The 450p takes about 2-3 at most . Like I said though if I was logging , husky would be my first choice. Then, select few stihl models. Imo there are 2 big saw companies and one really good one depending on the job at hand. One thing I hate about the echo and probably the only thing is the emissions on them, you have to MM them. Which reminds me I should get my poulan 306a going again, I put it away running. Does anyone on here refurb to "new," chainsaws for people. That is one I would love to have with a long bar on it.

Back