What do you currently run?

What climber?

• Stihl 200t

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Stihl 201t

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Husky 540t

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • other, if so please state in your post.

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters
I bought one of the first 020T's available here, May '95. Never left home without one of them or a 200 since.

Bought a 338xp, never liked it. Cuts alright just don't like it, hardly used.

I had the sweetest 020T for a long time, it got stolen. Since you still have 020 and 200, I'd love to hear you compare them. I never simultaneously owned a 20 and 200, just know I loved em both when I had em.

Btw, re the earlier post, I sold my 338's for $25.00 apiece and was overjoyed to be rid of them. When they ran right, for the first month or 2 or 3, they were cool, but then, nothing but problems. Junk, imo.

:D;) you guys know you want to go back in time and run a vibrating heavy thing like this again. :lol:

Just got it running and cutting today. Forgot how heavy and how they vibrated so bad. Dad has had one since new in a 130. :cry:

mac110 003.jpg

I used to use the Homelite version of that, the vibration was just awful, makes you wonder how guys ran big saws like that back in the day.

View attachment 56315

360T

It's the only top handle I got...
Absolute DOG in stock form, but with muffler work, not bad...

Oils like the Exxon Valdez..

Flame suit on!!!

LOL! to you and Stephen! Yeah, I love my cylinder ported and muffler modded 360! Best back-up saw I've ever had. I can't kill that pig. The only 2 saws on the truck besides that one are my 201t (timing advance, carb and muffler mod) and a bone stock, very late model ms 660 work horse. Man I think I got one of the last 660s before they came out with the 661. Oops, then they recalled all the 661's (or so I hear) and are letting out a whole new batch of 660s :rockon:

The modded 360 is the LOUDEST saw I have ever heard In my life. That's gotta count for something in red-neck land. :beer:

I have an Echo 280 E that I still use on orchard jobs.. Thing makes more noise.. :lol:

I traded a 280 TH for some chain. Just so gutless and didnt want it around. That 110 would out cut it easily.

3462803500010_zps9a93ef0a.jpg

Why I use it for light duty in an orchard. Hardly cut anything more than 1 1/2-2". Hardly uses fuel. Oils like the Horizon in the Gulf.
HOs are all impressed with the noise.. :lol:

Why I use it for light duty in an orchard. Hardly cut anything more than 1 1/2-2". Hardly uses fuel. Oils like the Horizon in the Gulf.
HOs are all impressed with the noise.. :lol:

Guy that wanted it had like 6 after getting this one. Same thing using them in orchards.

Then there's these...
They do the bulk of the work..

fleet.JPG

They've cleared miles of tree lines...

Climber saws: I run a modified Husqvarna 338XPT-14" and for backup a modified Husqvarna 346XP-16".

But I'm in the process of converting my 346XP into a top handle saw. Should have the project done in a month or so.
If this new saw should work out I won't have any need for the bulky T540XP.

346 in a top handle:D
Climbing still 338's then 350 and my go to 575. For the big nuggets I scored a 660 hope to wake it up some soon.

A 346 in a top handle would be a freight train from hell. I feel bad for folks that have never done production tree work with a 346..

Back