Wire Core Flip Line??

When Im blocking down a spar, before I cut through, I reach around and feel where my lanyard is laying to be sure its not in the cut path.

I've observed people cutting very close to their lanyard on the back side of the tree, when it was angled up and they weren't paying attention. Sometimes with only one
tie-in point. :\: The climber I'm thinking about is the one with the most experience in these parts, and he refuses to use a second tie in. He does wear a lot of tiger eye stones that he says help to protect him :roll:

A discussion about the matter is a no go with him. No wire core in his kit either.

I've freaked people out cutting inches from my lanyard. Evidently they didn't see my second tie in.
party.gif

On big stuff I will start the cut and have the groundies verify i'm well clear if I can't reach

I learned with a 3/4 wire flip line spurring up whatever.

Lot's of long hikes back up a fir or some other stick after lunch.

The wire core just feels better, some heft to it when you're trucking up and flipping it as you go.

I learned with a 3/4 wire flip line spurring up whatever.

Lot's of long hikes back up a fir or some other stick after lunch.

The wire core just feels better, some heft to it when you're trucking up and flipping it as you go.

When I was climbin' I like the 3/4" wire cores too Deva... Since my hands are so big, it was easier for me to grip, and felt better.

Gary

Yeah, you're right must suck being from the East Coast.

Sorry.

Just joshing.

The west coast needs the east coast to keep us from going off the deep end.

These old threads are really helping trim down my shopping cart at the arborist store. Probably don't need a wirecore for 40' decurrent trees. Some old names in this thread that would be nice if they were still around. :(
personally I use a wirecore flipline for anything except the rare crane jobby
in 40" wood id stay away from a rope lanyard if you can unless your arms are way long

I was talking 40' foot tall trees and I think you guys are talking 40" inch diameter trees. I should maybe stop talking my small time treeguy dreams to avoid the confusion.

Maybe splice some 5/8 treemaster. You might do a better job than I did. If you do as well as I did you'll have a functional flipline that does everything I like from wirecore aside the cut protection, and it'll be pretty cheap. Flipline's best for spar work imo. If I'm not literally flipping it up the tree, I'd rather use a regular rope lanyard.

I was talking 40' foot tall trees and I think you guys are talking 40" inch diameter trees. I should maybe stop talking my small time treeguy dreams to avoid the confusion.
my bad, im a little blind lol
couldnt tell the difference between " and '

Back