Who can look at a truck in Baton Rouge?

almost 200k mi, if your friend is into wrenching on stuff maybe a 15,000 truck
looks rode hard and put away with a full load of junk
but could be resurected

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My friend wants to buy a debris truck. Rear mount and high sides are a must. 40+ yard.....

Whats the least he can reasonably consider spending to get something that will make money?

It's a diesel, 200,000 miles no prob. Looks nice for the price.

But I know as much about trucks as ol' Bonner over there. Hahaha

It's not the mileage. it's the condition. I looked at this during the week. It has over a million K's on it. I'd still buy it with that mileage because of it's condition and service record.

pic2-8775pdf.jpg

pic7-8775pdf.jpg

Right side would in fact be correct .Cummins I know of ,Rockwell makes tools,truck axles etc .I had no idea they made the whole truck .

He better be handy with a wrench then for a $30k budget, looking for a truck like that. I know a guy who made one like Tree Care inc runs for under $40k, but he's very handy with a wrench and basically bought a nice used truck and loader and did everything else himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right side would in fact be correct .Cummins I know of ,Rockwell makes tools,truck axles etc .I had no idea they made the whole truck .

The truck is a Foden Al, bought up by Paccar and then closed. Foden are / were the worlds oldest truckmaker. Rockwell axles are considered the 'best'.

A little side track but I helped install a complete assembley line in a Rockwell axle plant in Kenton Ohio when I was an apprentice .Very interesting methods are used to make axles .

You know on this truck business I'd think it worth the time to just mosey on down and take a look at it before I bought a pig in the poke so to speak .

When Tom peddled that giant diesel chip hauler the guy flew in from Oregon,drove it had it dyno tested at Freightliner and paid to have it shipped back .Tom made good money in the deal and so did the buyer who predicted he could sell in on the left coast 40 percent more than he paid for it including the flight,Freigtliner and shipping . Tom took part of the money,drove to Iowa and hauled back a Morebark chipper .All in the same week .

Back