What Would You Do With 62' ½" Tenex Single Carrier

lxskllr

Treehouser
Last order I got a rope end of ½" Tenex. My intention was just making rigging/beater prusiks. The typical prusik loop with double fishermen. That's about 10 prusiks if the whole thing is used for that. Any better uses? Not sure I really need anything else. I have ⅝" thimble ultra, ⅝" deadeye, ½" ultra, and a ¾" loopie. Any ideas?

I second loopies and dead eyes.
Dog leashes.
I am guilty of using tennex for hitches and spider legs, not amazingly durable but it works and lasts several uses.

Just for reference. I have a 35' dead eye. Made of 5/8ths Tenex. Because when you need it........ You REALLY need it.
But I could make a couple more than 2 with what you have there :lol:

I agree with Stephen regarding the melting temp for prusik use.

I'd be thinking about a line for a hand powered winch...based on a two-speed boat trailer winch. Light lifting capability, strapped to a tree trunk. Ghetto :D.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Still giving it some thought, but I'm leaning towards a deadeye to keep in the truck. I keep a maasdam in the truck just in case it's needed, but no strong anchor slings. This could be my kinda strong anchor sling.

On the subject of rigging/beater prusiks... What do you all think would be good; 10mm Ocean? I have a ½" treemaster prusik that works well on tree/promaster, but I doubt it work as well on smoother lines. Some kind of regular climbline would be ideal. I could wait til an end shows up on wesspur, and grab that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, you think treemaster would grip something like stablebraid with a reasonable amount of wraps? I typically use a loop with 3 wraps(6 legs). Just add on to that if slippage is too bad? Treemaster would be ideal. It's cheap, and wears like iron.

One of the things I have been doing with the 3/8ths stable braid is making prussiks from it for pulling and such. As you described. Sliding double fishermans making like a foot loop. One small eye, one larger. Use it as a french prussik. I buy it in 150- 200 foot hanks and have to retire them once in a while by making them shorter due to nicks and such. But it is like having a bunch of prussik or accessory cordage. Holds up well and grips nice enough.
Other wise I'll use some Ocean or Ultra Tech. Bee line. Stable braid is cheaper for the beater prussiks though.

Back