Harness recommendation for boney hips?

Photo+on+2-10-13+at+8.41+PM+%232.jpg

Where is this going? Good thing no one mentioned how to handle one's rope end, though those pics do 'cover' that topic as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That was almost disturbing, almost. .. .

I'm pretty busy going into august with family events and pending tree work, so probably early sept, hopefully it will start cooling off be then. I had a work delay, and a weather ad equipment delay that led to me finishing up mowing today, then had ANOTHER equip issue, got baked by the sun. I'm tired of summer

Same here(equipment delay)12 lawns got done.tomorrows another day.
Soon as the grass stops growing,the leaves start falling,bombs away again!!!!!
Pittsburgh tcia?????November something??????

Jaxson starts preschool in the fall, so I gain some extra work days by the time the leaves start blanketing the landscape. When is pittsburgh TCIA? If its late enough I might try to tie that in with a trip to cleveland to ride at Ray's mtb.

Funny how things come together for you (me) sometimes. Tuesday night I got a storm damage call. Julia had already taken off work Wednesday so I could go work on an ongoing tree job, so I was able to change plans and head to the property first thing in the morning. An approx 80 ft oak, about 60ft from the house, fell straight at the house. I will post up some pics when I have more time, pretty crazy lately. It is amazing to me how little damage occurred with the size of the tree and amount of branches that were on the roof. No structural damage, no punch through on the roof, no broken windows. There was a glass front door an large window under where the tree crashed, nothing broke. Its just amazing to me that just after talking about the lack of storm work, I get this call.
After cleaning it off the house Wednesday I told them I could come back next week to clean up the rest after my dad picks up the chipper he just bought. After talking to my parents, we decided to use my 4runner again for mowing Thursday so my Dad could take my F250 to get the chipper (that reminded me of why I bought a bigger truck). Then I get a call before 9 Thursday morning from the homeowner, they're freaked out by the tree and another possible storm in the forecast and are going to find another tree service to get it cleaned up sooner. I explained that the chipper was on its way and I am planning on being there sunday, that wasn;t good enough, So I said I could re-arrange my jobs again and be there saturday - that made the world ok again and I kept the job.
I'm not sure how I feel about how all that played out, and I kinda think I should double or triple my estimate to match what they would have paid a larger service to come out on such short notice. But I would feel wrong doing that, especially since they are friends of family. Anyway, its still a decent payday for me (I'm still trying to get a handle on pricing for my tree jobs) and Dad and I get to put his new-to-him Brush Bandit 200 +xp to work tomorrow (well, today as I'm up in the middle of the night currently). Should be a good day!!

Only part I'm not following is if the tree is off the house, why would they still be worried about it with an upcoming storm?

It didn't make any rational sense , they were just freaked out by the incident in general, and needed to have the tree out of their yard ASAP. More "piece of mind" than rational though process.
Finished up today, had a good day with the chipper and a borrowed dump truck yesterday, gave my f250 a good load test yesterday and an even better one today. I am so glad I ended up with that truck and not anything smaller. I do need a trailer that can handle more weight though, I have one lined up that should become mine in the next few months, maybe sooner. The landscaper we borrowed the dump truck from (Parent's neighbor) said he will take as many loads of chips as we feel like dumping there and will make a truck available for it, so that's awesome.
The homeowners went out and bought us lunch yesterday, made brunch for us this morning, definitely made us feel very appreciated. Then they gave me a card as I left that had a $500 check in it, and called my wife a bit later and asked for a new invoice for 2500 instead of the 1900 I had discussed with them and made sure that we understood the check today was not part of that payment. Sometimes I just love my customers, even if they completely wig out every now and then.

Before:
Front before.jpg

Walk before.jpg

After:

Front after.jpg

Walk after.jpg

Wow!! Keep those people happy...great customers. They appear to very much appreciate your work. Good show, Chris.

Back to your question about saddle comfort for boney hips?

I found out a long time ago(70's) that even though my waist's small, 30-32 inch, I was most comfortable in a larger saddle because it brought my upper D's in off my hips and closer together, slightly in front of my foremost hip bones, rather than on them.

Jomo

Ive got boney hips now that I think about it, Sequoia and Tree Motion I've always found comfy.. I understand the concept of budgeting but I think people sometimes misappropriate when it is best applied- groceries, beer, fuel etc yes price is very important but not so much with a saddle or spikes

Somewhat on topic. Been using a Sequoia SRT for a year. Today I installed some suspenders and the experience went from good to tremendous after 5.5 hours spent aloft. I am sure it is not sequoia specific and the magic is done by the new weight distribution.

Which suspenders did you get for the sequoia?

Back