Welders? Any welders on this site?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you! It took me about fifteen 4" coupons worth of practice to get the gun angle, speed, and heat dialed in, but I am certain I need more arc time to get good at it. I was surprised how fast you have to travel. Not at all like steel.

Here's those circles, and i switched back to just using a chunk of plate as guide for the straight cuts. The trolley part doesn't do good for short cuts that go off the plate, I'll definitely use it for bigger plates rather than hacking up flat stock. I'm really digging the circle cutter part, that is a pretty slick way to do them. This is as cut, haven't even knocked the slag off yet. 3/16 plate, didn't clean it before either, so it could be better yet, but that's more then good enough for what i was building.

20190925_115229.jpg

“Finished product cost me about $35 to build.”

But what you learned is hard to put a price on, job well done.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Priceless! And thank you!
I could have had the one part formed but I really wanted the arc time with the spool gun, so yeah I learned a lot. So much so that I bought more ally wire and contact tips for the spool gun today.
Also welding can save a guy some serious money.

WTH is this???

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/yJ1be65"><a href="//imgur.com/a/yJ1be65">Spray welding</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Spray welding. Used for build up and hardfacing... I could be bullshit’n. Looks like he’ building up where a bearing “spun”.

Back