Wall of Shame: Wannabe Experts

Yes, they did.
But be patient, just add 8 minutes more to finish the face cut:D
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4HYBRUrtd6M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It is amazing how they can turn a 3 minute job into a drawn out affair.
And that pretty much goes for both videos.

Hard to see such a fine tree being tooled by rookies

More ladder stupidity!

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s2UYWCvJMmg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This should cross post to the great gun debate. These rocket scientists surely need firepower!

People are not often actively taught good decision making/ critical thinking skills, it seems, nor feel the results of their actions in such a direct way.

People are not often actively taught good decision making/ critical thinking skills, it seems, nor feel the results of their actions in such a direct way.

How would one go about teaching that?
Look, we see this stuff a lot, it gives us a laugh and if no one dies all the better, however if you videoed me fixing my vans or roofing or even trying to do something related to IT and put it on the appropriate trade forum you'd get similar comments. I suspect the same could be said for most of us.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How would one go about teaching that?
Look, we see this stuff a lot, it gives us a laugh and if no one dies all the better, however if you videoed me fixing my vans or roofing or even trying to do something related to IT and put it on the appropriate trade forum you'd get similar comments. I suspect the same could be said for most of us.

Very true!!!!

I don't qet the comparison. Most trades don't have the myriad of variables and inherent dangers that tree work does for the novice. Being so casual about it as to take on tasks without some reasonable level of experience or at least study, is damn foolish. Doing it can be one way to learn that, though. :O Most newspaper archives have news about somebody getting it by way of a tree.

Yah I would disagree that I would look like a dangerous dumb ass doing other types of 'stuff'. I find quite the opposite to be true, that I am overly cautious when doing things outside of my normal activities. Atleast until I'm satisfied I understand what the dangers and risks are. I don't just fumble forth blindly on a blind faith that I won't be seriously maimed or killed.

Back