Wall of Shame: Wannabe Experts

In the 1960's the standard Driver's Training Course in high school had a film, a compilation of gruesome accidents, compiled by the CHP just to impress upon kids the importance of driving safe and sane. You only need to watch that film once.

They should still have driver's-ed in schools today. Among so many other things that schools don't have anymore.

That was the wrong link!🤣. The one I tried to post was a flying groundie. He looked un injured thank goodness. I’m sure he never wrapped his hands around a rigging line afterwards. I’ll see if I can find it.

Good mistake then :)
I've seen the flying groundie, he went for about 20', his hand had to hurt after, it's a good one to reinforce not wrapping lines around various parts of your body for sure.

This is one I’ve never seen on the fail videos. He goes 0-60mph in a second and ends up 25’ or so in the air. It ends with him hand over hand climbing down.

Yeah it’s a crazy one. It’s one of the videos in my YouTube training playlist I try to get my new guys to watch. I might aswell share it here incase it helps anyone else or y’all have any other suggestions

Edit: actually both videos show my whole playlist if you click the upper three bar menu button thingy

Line got side washed around another tree? The guy had the rope wrapped around their arm? He went flying for sure.

I hate instagram so much... Trying to review it, and now I'm getting login prompts. Anyway, why was there a rope involved at all? What do you suppose the groundie was doing?

Anyone care to weigh in re the bucket truck fire? Thoughts re the operator? Choices one might have in that situation?

I keep throw line in my basket to be able to pull up a climb line in case of need for self rescue. But in that situation, with that boom angle and position, and the likely acute time factor involved, geez idk.

Anyone care to weigh in re the bucket truck fire? Thoughts re the operator? Choices one might have in that situation?

I keep throw line in my basket to be able to pull up a climb line in case of need for self rescue. But in that situation, with that boom angle and position, and the likely acute time factor involved, geez idk.
I keep a climb line in or on the basket. It's already tied to myself and the lift. Should I need to bail, Bye bye. Doubles as my safety and if I need to just leave the basket and get in the tree.
If that was a video, it would not play for me. Hard to tell what happened to the the op in the picture. Bad JUJU no matter.

It wasn't a video, it was just a still shot from IG of the bucket truck on fire with boom up.

Good on you that you have it up there, ready.

There really isn't enough room in my basket for 150' of climb line.

Back