Truck Winch

It may not pull as hard as it used to, but with a few 6 ton blocks.......

I've got GI hitches front n back, and once tied off in front, have had my rear wheels off the ground a few times.

Mechanical advantage takes time, but is well worth the wait.

Jomo

Thanks Fushcut, my real name's Jon, short for Jonathon.

My Mom used to get upset when my friends all called me Jon, insisting I be called Jonathon, despite her calling me Jonny...

Reginald n Gerald n other assorted scalliwags might relate......

Jomo

Nah, it was a dumb idea, who has wrist problems while cuttin n chuckin twenty pound branches?

Who needs an Arborits riggin pistol in these days of remote controlled Mechanals?

Mine's lighter than Ger's, and works well as a speedline descent control n return reel, avoidiing the need of taking a dozen straps n biners aloft.

The objective use of an arborist rigging pistol's to relieve any strain applied to your wrist while cutting catching and releasing small to moderate sized limbs n branches n logs over a designated drop zone dependably.

I'll crank up another Invention Barn thread before too long.

Can't have Ger thinkin ARP's are just paper weights for the office!

Jomo

I would look at a Warn winch with #12K rated pull for a 3500 chip truck.

Its pretty likely you are going to sink the truck when its full of chip and why take the chipper off the truck to pull it out if you dont have to.

I ran cheap winches on my tracked chipper for years. I used the winch alot and if I got two years out of them I was happy. Then I got a screaming deal on a new Warn and its so much faster and better to use.

Back