Time Lapse Tree Work

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lets see, in the last two days I have sheared 6 white pines and 2 lindens. I told the lady that was desperately trying to contain her 18' white pines that they werent bushes but full size growing trees and they would get much bigger, 'no' she says, 'yes' i say..."how much bigger?" ... '80-100 feet' I answer... 'no' she says.

I said maybe you need to get some bushes, THESE are trees! So we sheared them and rounded the tops.. Just like poodles!

AND if what you say is true than 53 minutes to slay that baby is pretty fast!!

I agree, trees do not need to be pruned when risk to human beings and structure is low. Trees do self prune all by themselves. But with human interference there will always be a need for us to prune. Every cut has to have a reason, and remove as little possible to achieve the goal. I could not tell you how many people I have talked out of a full crown cleaning and into just a general crown raise. Depending on the species that is all that is usually needed. The less we interfere the better.

The majority of people I work for do care about tree health, so I do not think tree maintenance is a scam. With proper care we can keep trees around longer in the urban environment than if we were to just leave them alone. A lot of this is relative to where we all live. Population density is high here in suburbia where I live and trees struggle. Now if you live outside of the concrete jungle, there is going to be much less need for tree care because the environment for trees is much more ideal.

I've always felt this....One of the primary abiotic disorders that affects tree health is the "arborist" and the pruning.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2T8QkJk5VGs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

edit: switched it to a faster un cropped version of the same footage.

Ease of motion looked good. Watching the wind moving through the trees was interesting...you moved thru the tree efficiently, too, it seemed.

Since the Buzzer boys have been so critical of my pruning I made this for them, a personal favorite I must say.

EXTREME DETAIL PRUNING - Light canopy thinning & hazard deadwood.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5BuFukmFg1U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Keep your eyes out MB I have a special one coming for you!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KTNYAltGoU0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1h 50m

Dont forget to click through if you like it.

and Davey takes all the credit.... Looks real good, like an old hand at it.

One thing that you might consider doing, is to hang a large steel ring from the hook (usually a U shaped one is what is common here), and run your climb line through it, rather than over the hook. It saves on potential conflict between your line and the sling or cable that also will be going over the hook for the picks. Separate attachment points makes for nice.

Thanks guys!

My climb line is through the large steel thing on the side of the hook. its a huge D one on either side. Its free of the chokers completely.

I edited Big Green out, youtube just hasnt updated it yet.

I never have seen those Ds, are they welded on the ball or something? That seems better than a ring over the hook.

They are welded to the becket, big heavy steel all smooth.

images.jpeg

on the side of the coffin shaped piece, running vertical is 1" or something steel, a big 'D' on either side.

That is cool, thanks, wish we had that. A ring can get knocked off by ground guys sometimes, and nobody notices, plus the added safety factor of a permanent attachment.

Back