The Official Work Pictures Thread

Many willows are kept like that in these parts. Most not true pollards, some are though. A not bad option for a big azz weeper or swamp willow that's never gonna be allowed to do its own thing in the residential setting. Dangerous when they get let go though and left to grow out.

Those are beutiful pollards.
Really well maintained.

The t150 is great for that BTW.

Nice looking work, Rich.

I have one pollarded tree under my care, a western catalpa. Have to do my second round this year. Not so different than fruit tree pruning, to a degree.

Did a run of the mill, solo, maple dismantle today. Thing sprayed me with tree-juice on the felling cut, exacting a blow in its last minute. Stump is burly. Stuff will get milled and turned. My acquaintaince is going to expand his wood shed. This tree had a bad inclusion, and was aimed smack at the existing building.

I took up a couple ropes, ended up using two of three. Did some double-whip tackle lowering with slings and biners, making the rope retrievable. A lot was cut small and free-dropped into sacrificial brush, or swung back under, away from the shed. Some bigger pieces lowered.

Came down once in the middle for clearing up a rope, retrieving some 'biners/ slings, coffee, snacks, etc.

So relaxing working solo. No clean-up. About 3-4 hours at a very relaxed pace.

Nothing special, but it was a pretty, dry January day in the 40's.

Pictures uploaded in the wrong order.

My new DMM bridge ring worked much better with a pulley in conjunction with my Hitch Hiker. I need to find my Fixed pulley, which Dave McN recommends.

IMG_20180108_122550274_HDR.jpg IMG_20180108_155720795.jpg IMG_20180108_142422702_HDR.jpg IMG_20180108_122520409_HDR.jpg IMG_20180108_093511332.jpg IMG_20180108_131614311_HDR.jpg IMG_20180108_131426098.jpg IMG_20180108_155611398.jpg IMG_20180108_131606536_HDR.jpg

Nice mossy limb there.

Cool contrast in colours in some of the pictures.

I can't imagine working alone for a rigging dismantle. What's the double, lock, whip and tackle you mentioned?

Orrrrr, they could be texting.

:lol: Yeah... no kiddn.

Rich: I'm in love with Europe. Stuff like that's weird, but I kinda get it. As for "going nuts," ... our average Leyland Cypress hedge could drive even the sanest arb. right out of his mind.

Sean: Dude, I respect you and Reg, waaayy more than you guys could ever know. Only worked by myself a handfull of times. You guys are freakin cowboys. Love yas.

Worked on a storm damaged oak today...this one took down the primaries on our street a few weeks ago...no power for 3 days in the 10 inches of snow we had. The county finally came and got the brush on the curbs and left this shattered mess. My brother and I worked it.

Power was in a bad place...the remaining limb was about 10 feet above the power...not my favorite way to work. The TIP tree ate two throwballs. It was a sweetgum. I finally said fook it and spurred up the gum, got the balls, set my rigging line and TIP and got to work. It was a basic nast work setting period....had to shoot the APTA from in thick scrub...made good shots but the crotches were too tight. Bah!

Attachments

• storm removal Danny Butler power tree  (1)resized.jpg
    storm removal Danny Butler power tree (1)resized.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 44
  • storm removal Danny Butler power tree  (3)resized.jpg
    storm removal Danny Butler power tree (3)resized.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 42
  • storm removal Danny Butler power tree  (6)resized.jpg
    storm removal Danny Butler power tree (6)resized.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 42
  • storm removal Danny Butler power tree  (7)resized.jpg
    storm removal Danny Butler power tree (7)resized.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 42
  • storm removal Danny Butler power tree  (8)resized.jpg
    storm removal Danny Butler power tree (8)resized.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 41
  • storm removal Danny Butler power tree  (13)resized.jpg
    storm removal Danny Butler power tree (13)resized.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 42
  • storm removal Danny Butler power tree  (14)resized.jpg
    storm removal Danny Butler power tree (14)resized.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 41
  • storm removal Danny Butler power tree  (15)resized.jpg
    storm removal Danny Butler power tree (15)resized.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 42
  • storm removal Danny Butler power tree  (17)resized.jpg
    storm removal Danny Butler power tree (17)resized.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 42
A few more of stuff....

Attachments

• storm removal Todd picts  (5)resized.jpg
    storm removal Todd picts (5)resized.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 42
  • storm removal Todd picts  (1)resized.jpg
    storm removal Todd picts (1)resized.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 42
  • storm removal Todd picts  (4)resized.jpg
    storm removal Todd picts (4)resized.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 42
  • storm removal Todd picts  (8)resized.jpg
    storm removal Todd picts (8)resized.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 42
  • storm removal Todd picts  (10)resized.jpg
    storm removal Todd picts (10)resized.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 43
  • storm removal Todd picts  (13)resized.jpg
    storm removal Todd picts (13)resized.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 43
Sean what's the little tree with the growth in the middle of the dead crown/

Having a kid pushing 6 allows a lot of imagination to running free. They are pieces off the Christmas tree. She wanted to put them in the ash crown in our front yard one day for whatever reason.

We made up a story about how that's how fir trees start, leafy, then they lose their leaves, and sprout out needles. She wants to put up a bunch of fir branches in the tree with string (brown and/ or green, so people won't see the string).

Should be interesting. Make people wonder a bit. haha.

Nice work Gary, we used to work at one time to, now we are just operators:D

Sean encourage that innocence and nurture it.

My 10 year old daughter is becoming jaded/cynical , six

One from today, first of 3 jobs today ,blown over white pine that was on a house, totally unimpressive picture due to scale but this stump was 3300lbs and wouldn't fit IN the bed, lots rode above the 6' sides, so much so that I was watching phone drops as I went down the road, non came down though!

IMG_0019.jpg

The grapple we have been using is beat to death , we are So Dependant on it I decided we need a backup. Broke a fitting on the old one that is out of stock so we rolled with this one. Few teathing problems so cannot really comment on it yet. Crazy how spoiled we are!

Spoiled for the basics!

Let us know how you like the rotator, your other one is non rotating, right?

In relation to kyle's derrick thread, I was thinking of that photo you posted a year ago of your grapple with a long log in it serving as a boom, cool pic!

Having a kid pushing 6 allows a lot of imagination to running free. They are pieces off the Christmas tree. She wanted to put them in the ash crown in our front yard one day for whatever reason.

We made up a story about how that's how fir trees start, leafy, then they lose their leaves, and sprout out needles. She wants to put up a bunch of fir branches in the tree with string (brown and/ or green, so people won't see the string).

Should be interesting. Make people wonder a bit. haha.
Wondering indeed!

Afaik, on smaller machines its personal preference, on bigger machines it is desired because the lost lift capacity is negligible.

Back