The Official Work Pictures Thread

Miserable excuse for a tree...but in a cityscape, they can do good things if they are managed firmly, and most importantly, unceasingly.

Basel prune is the only accepted practice in my book for bradfords. I have on to lightly "cut back" from the house and I told the lady you will be lightly cutting it back every year and she is cheap, cheap cheap. Her response "but I love the flowers".

Reg! Yer puttin me to so much shame now. Hey brother, I'd appreciate your not showing up anymore on this website, K? :lol:

Sean: Some really nice bangs there. Low flushies too.

Brian: Yeah. Thanks so much, man. That actually was the knot that I was trained to climb on. Used it fer 2 years before going to the Blake on 16 strand, which works a treat. Let's be honest. But yeah... I gotta mess around with that one a ton more too. I'm just having so much fun, sort of, "re-figuring out," all this stuff again. The weird thing about the "creep," factor of the same-directional taughtline wraps, though, is that it can actually be used to work in a guy's favor when it's banged-up hard against the stopper. Helps ya run it super loose.

Cory: O.k... Cory... man, (I mean, Sir.) listen... O.k, look here... The uhhh... The closed system thing! Man! I'm just having (simple minds, you know...) fun seing how fast I can tie the Taughty... Man... You don't even have to run an Anchor Hitch like they tell ya. You can (as you know) just run whatever. 2 half hitches or a Bowline or whatever. Man... a true rodeo dude could tie up that stuff freakin FAST. I'm nuthin to sneeze at MYSELF.

Look here... Split tails suck. Wait... wait. If you want the "second flip line" asset of the split tail... just run a cat's paw off yer D-ring goin up, or even just an in-line Bowline, with the biner on the other D. Works a treat.

Look at this freakin dog-hair today on the house we had for this morning's (edit... yesterday's... couldn't log in.) job. Freakin thing was MAYBE 16" dbh. Freakin thing was AT LEAST 120'. Freakin rings were tight as old-growth for the last 60 years or so. I'd say it was getting onto 120 years old.

I will endeavor to keep my posts shorter in the future. Thanks Butch... I had logged myself out! The boss hooked me up and got me back on. Maybe there's a word-limit desighned to keep windbags off. Butch musta snuck me past. ;)

P82A27031.jpg P82A27021.jpg P82A27011.jpg

Look Mom! (Thank God for a monster Maple that was easy to rig this guy off to with the GRCS.)

P82A27051.jpg unnamed-1545.jpg

Seeing that reminded me of Friday last week the phrase of the day was "at least it broke apart into pieces"
:lol:
Yup, a lot like that.
Place had been masticated recently. The broken bits blended in real well. No raking necessary... :lol:
Just stack the chippable bits for the chipper crew coming in and Rob gets to mill the logs. The sugar pine next to it broke up pretty bad, but still 3-20 foot logs in it. 35dbh on the pondo.

Very few limbs on that one, a Larch? Someday I would like to own a grcs but it hasn't been in budget yet.

They're (but I DO love you Greg) seriously not really worth the money, brother. If a guy's industrious, he can probly figure out a way to rig the snot outa somethin using way simpler stuff.

Ray: Yeah... sandwiched between two Red Cedars in an already really dark woods. When they hogged out the woods fer the fancy-schmancy office bldg. they didn't imho hog hard enough.

Stephen: Some nice high-stumpin there bro... coulda used yer gopro on that'n. Just sayin.

And here (fer example) is a quite opposite fir pig, sandwitched between another two Cedars that we also took out. Got there at 8:30, chipper chute clogged at 10:00, FULL box of chips (OVER 10 yards :lol:) by 12:30. Try to get better pics of the wood tomorrow.

View attachment 82697View attachment 82696View attachment 82698

Here's the Marm top co-dom I took at about 80'. Gotta get the big top and the wood tomorrow. Pig's probably only 115'... dang near four feet on the stump.

unnamed-1549.jpg

Your Davey branch would be up shit's creek without you, sir.

Nah that's my point, it aint rocket surgery but the number of guys that can do that well/safely etc is limited, especially those who aren't working for themselves, imo

And hey, hopefully Jed is getting a fair deal, retirement etc so that he's happy to have Davey and its all good on a 2 way street.

Back