The Official Work Pictures Thread

No, that's me.

To and fro, from London to Oslo.

Presently in the UK as my good lady has a hectic schedule and child care can be troublesome to organise at times.

I'm with you Jed, I'll throw up pictures of whatever.

See... That's what I'm talkin about... just random wood-lust stuff that gets you stoked for whatever reason.

I love the stuff from other regions too. Rays' Sand Pines, Butches monster Yellows (Turkey Pine??). The entire U.K. and all of Europe... I don't get to experience this stuff at all, really where I live. I love the East-coast (U.S.) stuff for the same reason.

No matter where you live, if you're a tree-guy, then you like wood, stuff made from wood, heating with wood, properties of wood, smell of wood, hinge-mechanics etc. and that just never changes with regard to geographical location. Just one more reason why the Treehouse rocks.

She says, ummm. Like. There is an old stump in there or something....can you move those plants and then grind the hidden ficus stump and then replant with the first tree?

4ebb861783fe42dae18f9f72f0fc7054.jpg

See... That's what I'm talkin about... just random wood-lust stuff that gets you stoked for whatever reason.
I love the stuff from other regions too. Rays' Sand Pines, Butches monster Yellows (Turkey Pine??). The entire U.K. and all of Europe... I don't get to experience this stuff at all, really where I live. I love the East-coast (U.S.) stuff for the same reason.
I love seeing what you west coasters deal with Jed. The height of even your skinny trees is crazy compared to stuff here. Every area has it's own personality I guess.

Jay, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that mess.....

Yesterday this guy texts me a picture with his tree and all the broken root damaged concrete and asks if i can root prune without removing the concrete.

The General Public.

^😂😂

@ levi,nah I didn't touch the left side with the crack,wasn't in the schedule and i had a busy one that day. We are going back with crane just to remove the split limb...

image.jpg image.jpg
A few from my easy day yesterday.
image.jpg
And showing yet another part of wood just for Jed. We have the tent set up in the yard and are enjoying the fireworks.

Large lightening damaged oak, the bolt had blown half of it off, we had tidied that up a couple of weeks ago, today we felled it, rung it up and stacked it. No before pics, too anxious to get going.
I was a bit worried about how to move the logs as they wanted them cut to a meter and it was over 4ft diameter at the base, so heavy!
Worked out ok though as it fell apart after cutting like a chocolate orange. (See last pic)
Grinding it Wednesday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 52
Rich a mate of mine has just to Oslo to start a climbing job, Nona, Know him?

I have never met Nona. He is the best mate of the Englsh guy who part owns/runs the company I graft for. Ian is on paternity leave and Nona is helping over there with work load etc.

How do you know Nona? Do you know Jungle (Ian Hollows) as well?

That lightning sure beat the hell out of it, Mick.
Any trouble felling a compromised log like that?

It did BC a bit, but I powered through and it came over no prob.
Plus it was on its own in a park, so no issue legging it, I was holding on to the trigger with my left hand, holding myself as far away as possible.

Rich I know Nona from Manchester, worked with him about 8 years ago. Top lad! Kept in touch ever since. He keeps saying for me to get out there. Don't know jungle...

Aye, by all accounts he is soundo!

Another picture that popped up on FB of the Big Beech we climbed yesterday. Sort of put it into perspective when you see a 6 foot tall bloke stood at the bottom of it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 64
Jaysus is right! What a pic of an absurd tree!!!

Cory and Brendon: Yeah, the half-lid really sucks more than it can ever help you. Makes a huge mess. I think they send a few out like that so that people still have the option to load a bit of wood with our little knuckle-booms. I've done this maybe five times, but I've made a giant mess with chips flying everywhere five thousand times.

Good info. That's what I was thinking.

You are a pretty humble guy Jed, pretty refreshing this day and time. You're also obviously a heck of a skilled tree man.

+10

You're half way through your life mate, it's not a rehearsal.

Ha, cool way to put it, Reg.

Willie, great pic with the snow capped peak in the background!

Geez Jed, alright already. I'll ask Brendon how he posted his.

Btw, great pics, Brendon. Who's your log truck guy?

Back