The Official Work Pictures Thread

Spent he day with the guys cleaning up small downed branches and twigs in the woods behind someones house. Cut all wood 2" diameter up for firewood and leave in piles. Chips twigs. Why you ask? Because that's what the customer wanted to spend their money on. I wont tell them no.

I love those jobs Tucker its all about the clean up.
Some bees I loaded today after I had to cut the hive down home with a bag full of comb to squeeze and more.
uvy7e9uq.jpg

zabe4esu.jpg

uge6ave7.jpg

Something I've been working on....seems like forever. What they call a Butsudan, a Buddhist ceremonial alter for the wife of my departed close friend. The glass was her idea. The corners are all slightly curved, as is the glass on the front part. Kind of subtle I think, and the guy that did the glass for me, really did a good job. I ordered a special low profile LED adjustable intensity light that will tuck away under the top. I think the rear glass will put a nice little aura on the wall with the glow out the front. It should be nice for her, I hope. I had some good Black and Claro Walnut, I think a just use for it. The glass is all removable in the event of breakage, that was a hassle to do without using screws, which I wanted to avoid. Take off the top and it will side out from the grooves following the small wood piece above. An interesting project with a pretty high degree of difficulty, at least for me. Some hidden small earth magnets hold the doors closed, that worked out real well. He was a painter, hence the varying colors. Still have to make a low tiered shelf for the inside.

Attachments

• butsudan2 copy.jpg
    butsudan2 copy.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 61
  • butsudan3 copy.jpg
    butsudan3 copy.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 61
  • butsudan4 copy.jpg
    butsudan4 copy.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 61
  • butsudean5 copy.jpg
    butsudean5 copy.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 60
Very nice work! I use those low-profile led lights for under-cabinet lighting; low-voltage, adjustable dimming and long-lived.
Love that walnut, especially the grain definition in the top...

Ha, no groupies so far! Thanks a lot guys! Projects for close friends, like you say, Paul.... I needed to ask for the cost of living during the time to do it, contributed the wood. Currently can't afford beyond that. Not a money making proposition, but other payoff I trust within the contribution.

LED light technology is really moving along. What you describe, Patrick, is what I was looking for, real thin lights like a cracker, one or two should suffice, I think 18 LEDs per and only like two and a half inches across in a nicely designed subtle profile. About a quarter inch thick, imagine so thin! For in or under cabinets. Had a hard time finding ones that are adjustable in intensity, they either are or aren't, and most smaller ones aren't. Came across some by Hafele, a German company. 100V dropped down to 12 volt, cool pushbutton intensity switch with it. Just plug everything in, no muss no fuss. I have a link where you can get them rather cheap in the states. If anyone is interested, pm me.

Jay. Wow. Your friend is honored by your work. I can't imagine what it means for you to have made and his family to have.

Thanks again. It's a good sign that you guys think it is nice. Sometimes I end up looking at something so much, that I can't see it anymore. The ceremony when a priest comes out and they do whatever they do, should be interesting. Normally it takes place in someone's home where the alter will be kept, but I hear some rumblings about it maybe being in a hall, given the very large number of close associates and family that the man had. Better air out the suit.... Probably good to have some words prepared as well, just in case. :\: The man that died was a special guy, went through life with no arms and a lot of pain at times, never complained and did a remarkable job with it.

Lol. That's exactly what we talked about too. It also had a slight Dutchmen in the far corner. No biggie. We were falling it straight with its natural dead lean.

Have a look of the butt already on the ground.

My main man in the pics is a timber slaying beast much like myself. I can admit that he's a better climber than me. Very competent and comfortable. A top rate partner/employee.

As long as he nipped the sides real good before starting the backcut, I don't see a problem.

TCOB! :beer:

The two stems were dead and both had definite but not heavy head leans to their lay. No lines, no pulling. Didn't even move the truck. On-site less than an hour just happened to remember to snap a pic.

We're wearing our com units too. So I told him to pose in the one pic. Lol.

Back