The Official Work Pictures Thread

Glad I watched the videos first. I was gonna ask if the last pic showed Christmas market booths in the background :^D Do Russians have open air Christmas markets?

Glad I watched the videos first. I was gonna ask if the last pic showed Christmas market booths in the background :^D Do Russians have open air Christmas markets?
In fact, what you took for a Christmas market is a kindergarten. These are small houses where children play. Of course, we have open-air Christmas markets where a lot of interesting things happen. It should be recalled that in Russia the Orthodox faith and Christmas falls on January 7.

Last edited:
Dead oak today. Climb line in adjacent beech. No rigging. John and I worked together. Still pretty darn solid heartwood!

We looked at this about 45 days ago or more. I told customer to let me know when the leaves were off so we could better see to set rigging and climb lines. We were both pleasantly surprised when we showed up to work that it was much smaller and easier then we remembered (about time we had one like that! Usually larger and more complicated!)

Attachments

• IMG_7628.jpeg
    IMG_7628.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7627.jpeg
    IMG_7627.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7626.jpeg
    IMG_7626.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7625.jpeg
    IMG_7625.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7624.jpeg
    IMG_7624.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 9
I was filming Mike taking the top, and missed the money shot. I don't really like dealing with cameras, and looking at the world through a screen. I put the phone away to get ready. For what, I don't know, but I wanted to be ready. Oh, well...

Next door neighbor got me off the couch to finish a Siberian Elm that Hydro hot-spotted. The gopro died before we went too big on the last piece and bent one of the pool supports. He still considered it a win and we all know the customer is always right. The wife got a couple pics from our deck and I made a 60 sec vid of some pieces.
IMG_11021edit2.jpg Screenshot 2023-11-26 162456.png IMG_11051edit.jpg

20231126_165656.jpg

Finished up a little pruning/thinning job, hauling the last of the brush before my cousin's wedding. This load, and my 5x10 trailer stacked about 8 foot. Always surprises me how much brush these little shag bark trees produce. Think of your local ornamental cedar, like occidentalis. ( @stig ) now picture them 12-20 feet tall, just as wide, and all the way down to the ground. They're an over ambitious bush, not a tree.

Her name is Gertrude, the Great and Green. 1985, F250, 4x4, 4 speed, 460ci. I love Chevy, I own a pair of square body suburbans. I'll get photos up soon, I'm using the "wrong" phone lol. Chevy makes a fine truck, fast, comfortable, reliable, etc. Ford built automotive anvils, you can hammer on those old trucks all day, and they're ready the next morning. Sure, the powersteering is gonna whine about having to do anything, and it's gonna ride like a backboard wagon if it ain't loaded. But that old 2fidy will get you there and back.

Screw dodge. Drive On Dry Ground Everywhere. Those trucks are cats, they hate getting their feet wet...

Foreign manufacturers apparently can't build trucks that will do what I need. So there's that.

Cold and fresh today. -7c and -14c with wind chill.

A friend has some work that needs starting at his house. I removed a Pear tree that will be in the way of his new garage. Well the root plate would have been in the way. I recommended removal as the foundation would be 50 cm from the trunk.

I also lifted a few branches from a Birch tree, allowing access for the 360 to get in to dig the ditches to repair the leaking basement. I also weight reduced the end of one of the longer limbs that grows out over neighbours driveway.

He took a picture.

IMG_7875.jpeg

IMG_7874.jpeg

Back