The Official Work Pictures Thread

highly technical planting, the angle of the dangle of every tree must be within 0.05 degrees, and the soil PH and moisture content is individually adjusted for every single tree, this is Denmark we are talking about, not these dang hillbilly americans just throwing trees on the ground and making them grow all crazy

when those trees grow large, you wont be able to measure any difference in the spacing from tree to tree, not even with an electron microscope, im only surprised to not see laser levels and carpenters squares on the job!

Not uninterested in planting.
how many per man per day?
what species?
Sitka spruce and Doug fir.
Once we hit our stride, 1000 per person/day.
Being a stubborn old idiot I did 850 today.
I'll pay for that tonight.
In 2 weeks I'll do 1000 and hardly feel it.

Not to downplay what you're doing there, but wouldn't that be better for someone less qualified?
Can't just keep killing trees.
Gotta plant some or we'll run out.
Plenty of Eastern Europe guys planting here and doing a shit job of it.
I once replanted an area with oak, after some Polish guys had done it the year before.
Survival rate less than 10%.
We have a 95 % rate.

highly technical planting, the angle of the dangle of every tree must be within 0.05 degrees, and the soil PH and moisture content is individually adjusted for every single tree, this is Denmark we are talking about, not these dang hillbilly americans just throwing trees on the ground and making them grow all crazy

when those trees grow large, you wont be able to measure any difference in the spacing from tree to tree, not even with an electron microscope, im only surprised to not see laser levels and carpenters squares on the job!
Are you trying real hard to be an asshole, or does it come naturally to you?

Are you trying real hard to be an asshole, or does it come naturally to you?
just an observation, Europeans do everything perfectly and by the book, whereas us americans just kinda do stuff and hope for the best

not trying to be an asshole, its just something ive noticed
sorry if my comment came across the wrong way, as ive mentioned (and been told) before, I have a VERY hard time with humor and judging people, the only way I dont say dumb shit is to just not talk, I used to just not talk to people for this very reason and im about to go back to doing that since nobody wants to hear what I have to say anyways

I never try to be an ass, unless I really, really dislike someone, I dont hate you so thats out of the question, its just something im trying my best to deal with and clearly its not enough, im better in person but still find it difficult to deal with people sometimes, since I was homeschooled and my family hates crowds and public in general, my only real experience talking to anyone outside of my own family is co-workers, and when im at work the conversation is way different than talking to people who I thought were friends

I will just shut up, nobody likes me/my commentary anyhow, its been made pretty obvious at this point

Last edited:
Which America do you live in?
same one you do, just a few more miles south
is the difference that big? everything down here is all haphazard, roads arent even close to the same width from one end to the other, powerlines zigzag all over the roads, trees arent planted in rows that even somewhat resemble rows
the only "order" we have is the occasional lawn guru that stripes their lawn, and crawfish boils

shoot theres an intersection down the road from me where we drive down the wrong side of the road!

Little favor for sisinlaw today. Better to pull 180 to the lean, but the big oak had limbs in the way. Didn’t have anything to piece it down with. Had my son in the truck and intended to have him create some @SeanKroll momentum through the gap, but should have him practice first. He was a bit slow, but it worked perfectly. Hinged out away from the house and then flopped into the opening in the yard.

IMG_4177.jpeg IMG_4176.jpeg IMG_4205.jpeg IMG_4207.jpeg 72228004906__A182B5B8-9BD9-4304-9766-D9C1DC7B309E.jpeg

Its nice having the dog come to work, but when you get down out of the tree and are looking forward to a cup of something hot and a sarney, it can be a pita stretching his legs and watching him piss.
Oh, yes.

Come down and want to chill for 15 minutes and the puppy is looking at you as though it is finally playtime.

Kira is very good in that regard. As long as she is in the cage in the truck she just is calm and goes to sleep. If I tie her up outside, she is fine when the chipper is going but once the chipper stops she thinks it is her time. Hence the reason I keep her in the truck.

just an observation, Europeans do everything perfectly and by the book, whereas us americans just kinda do stuff and hope for the best

not trying to be an asshole, its just something ive noticed
sorry if my comment came across the wrong way, as ive mentioned (and been told) before, I have a VERY hard time with humor and judging people, the only way I dont say dumb shit is to just not talk, I used to just not talk to people for this very reason and im about to go back to doing that since nobody wants to hear what I have to say anyways

I never try to be an ass, unless I really, really dislike someone, I dont hate you so thats out of the question, its just something im trying my best to deal with and clearly its not enough, im better in person but still find it difficult to deal with people sometimes, since I was homeschooled and my family hates crowds and public in general, my only real experience talking to anyone outside of my own family is co-workers, and when im at work the conversation is way different than talking to people who I thought were friends

I will just shut up, nobody likes me/my commentary anyhow, its been made pretty obvious at this point
Just re-read your posts before you post them. And don't beat yourself up that no one likes you when no one even knows you. Just be yourself, only talk about what you know for sure and don't try too hard to impress anyone. It's mostly old guys here and you're a young buck full of piss and vinegar. Nobody is going to fall in love with you but if you're just another tree guy trying to do your thing, you should be able to find your place here. And the best way to deal with Stig is no eye contact and complete silence.

And the best way to deal with Stig is no eye contact and complete silence.
spoken like a true professional

possibly my vinegar content is 1 or 2%, best before date: 10am
most of the members here know me, and not in a good way, theres only 1 or 2 people here that I think would say Hi when they run into me at TCI expo next year (if I even go)
. Nobody is going to fall in love with you but if you're just another tree guy trying to do your thing, you should be able to find your place here.
I tried that, you can see how it works out for me, I cant make up what other people post about me, its there if ya wanna look for it

You might be surprised. I'd talk to you, but it's unlikely I'll go to any expos. Online ≠ offline. Do your thing, try to be cool, and everything will work out fine. It isn't a popularity contest. Give some, take some, and we all get something out of it.

IMG_2094.jpeg IMG_7353.jpeg
Old corn crib moved from the muddy side of the fence to the gravel lot for some fab work to be done. It’s being repurposed to an out door bar in the near future. I’m going to set it in its final place after installing some timber framing for a covered patio in a few weeks

How does the thinning work? They look like they are planted too close together.
I expect the plan there is similar to as is done here in the PNW. Plant to a tighter than ultimately wished for spacing, say 8x8 or 10x10 to allow for some survival and depredation losses initially, then do a precommercial thinning at about 10-12 years in. Take the spacing out to 13x13 or so.

First commercial entry at 35 years or so, spacing out to 20x20. Second commercial entry at 50-60 years, spacing out to 30x30. Clearcut at about 85-100 years, start over.

Many variations on the theme in terms of spacing, timing, and end game exist of course.

Last edited:
most of the members here know me, and not in a good way, theres only 1 or 2 people here that I think would say Hi when they run into me at TCI expo next year (if I even go)
I just found the perfect quote for you from coach Gowron!

Coach Gowron said:
Kahless tells us that the worst kind of surrender is to give up hope. It is better to retreat from the battlefield, knowing that you will return to fight another day, than to let despair convince you that it is not worth trying at all.
4dad2759dacadd1c.jpg

You should listen to coach Gowron ;^)

Back