The Official Work Pictures Thread

Hung up black oak over a wash, road and culverts today. Had to let it dry out to do the deed in case we had to rig it out of the gully. Lady wanted to save the arches of oaks it hit over her back road.
Set some rigging and untangeled it from a couple oaks, then a line for the mini to pull and tension on the Hobbs she swung and hung free. Swinging it from over the gulley pit. Double sheeve pulley so one tensioned guy to keep it on the bank/knoll, and one for lift to haul the cuts to where the mini could grab.
I was tied in SRT into the good oak as I cut the trees apart.
Fodder.
20220614_101116.jpg 20220614_101201.jpg 20220614_101206.jpg 20220614_101211.jpg 20220614_101254.jpg 20220614_105253.jpg 20220614_105304.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday's multi-headed pine. The only within 5 properties. I wonder if it was planted and then neglected and allowed to develop this bad form. Also, first real hot day of the year, I was thinking of a cool vest.

Attachments

• IMG_1141.JPG
    IMG_1141.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1142.JPG
    IMG_1142.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1143.JPG
    IMG_1143.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 11
Nice!

Solo or did ya have help?
Worked as a team with a trusted and reliable aspiring climber. The collaboration is opening many more jobs. I am looking forward to sharing the climbing part. I am envisioning a team of 2 capable climbers and a motivated ground person for rigging. This would allow us to not getting burned out and do 4 days in trees and 1 lighter day of wood processing, maintenance and tying up loose ends.

How are your solo-ing techniques coming along?

When the climber can rig, cut and lower, it makes the ground crew able to more easier land bigger (if beneficial) pieces, regardless of if the climber or ground crew does the 'catch'.

Worked as a team with a trusted and reliable aspiring climber. The collaboration is opening many more jobs. I am looking forward to sharing the climbing part. I am envisioning a team of 2 capable climbers and a motivated ground person for rigging. This would allow us to not getting burned out and do 4 days in trees and 1 lighter day of wood processing, maintenance and tying up loose ends.

Sounds good, Pat.

What do you mean by wood processing- Mill? Firewood?

@SeanKroll Solo-ing is going well and improves after each job. It has its place and takes some specific clients. If there is no rush for stuff being cleaned out, I favor solo. If I feel it is more of an in and out, I try to add crew members.
@cory many clients would rather pay for removal of the wood from the site asap than seeing a dumpster even on the same day we are onsite so I bring a loader and bring all the wood back to my yard. Then it goes 3 ways: small woodmizer, firewood, dumpster I order when I have 20 yards or so ready.

Back