The Official Work Pictures Thread

I hung Christmas lights on a big Blue Spruce years ago for a girl who used to be a resident and classmate of one of my younger sisters. She told me how she used to have a huge crush on me. When I got done and she was paying me she said "Oh, I wanted to show you something." She undid her jacket and unbuttoned the top of her shirt and reached down to her chest and pulled out a sugar glider she had I guess in her bra!! Ha. I had no idea where that was going.

Two chippers?
Yeah the sales rep was doing a couple of demos close by and everyone was running scrub brush through it. He wanted to run some actual wood. We pushed it to its limit for him. He got the videos he wanted and we didn’t use any fuel in ours for the last hour or so of the job. I told him we will happily demo equipment anytime. Hoping he brings us an ax19 soon

Lordy, hella jungle. Looks like a lotta SRT. With all the extreme growth apparent, is pruning with spurs usually acceptable?

That's what I marvel over. For a vine infested mess, it comes off as easier to deal with and more attractive than the bittersweet/grape disasters we get here. It all somehow seems "tidier", but that could be the photos. A vine hellscape isn't usually the focus of attention.

Wow, those vine covered tree bring back memories, and I could almost physically feel the humidity oozing from them!
I spike pruned a few trees in the tropics other than coconuts in my time. Big casuarinas would laugh at spikes, and the growth rate wouldn't even hesitate. But being on an isolated oceanic island, we had very few 'treekilling' fungi about.

Light thin and removal of Epicormic growth in a large Elm. We did this 5 years ago around the same time. Last time it was -11c IIRC. Today was milder as -3c. Nippy on the old fingers trying to get the throw lines in.

2 climbers and we were up there 4 hours with one ground guy to clear up.

Didn’t take any before pictures but managed to get one with Joe still up the tree as I had come down for lunch and a pee.

99EC79DB-4083-4A16-8D2B-F35F237E10A2.jpeg

Yeah, we have a fair bit of DED here in Oslo. It is managed proactively by the Kommune and dead is cutout and monitored by City Arborists.

We also don’t prune trees (unless emergency works) if the temps are above 20c as below that the beetle is inactive.

In the past we have had to turn up a Kindergartens in the height of summer, hot as hell.

It pretty difficult trying to set theowline to get the dead out with the trees in leaf and you are unable to damage any live growth. At least that is the aim of it.

Back