The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Well , MB, now that ya mention it the whole portawrap thing has crossed my (little) mind:/:. Thanks all for the welcome and if anyone has a welding question feel free. You guy's get me straight with my tree work and I'll lean ya right on the welding end:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's a couple I've had. :drink:

Attachments

• porty.JPG
    porty.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 44
  • porty 2.jpg
    porty 2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 43
Yo, yo, the alien from the Triangle has landed...:/::D
Is this where the AS/TB rejects hang out or have we moved to a much higher intellectual plane?

Yo, yo, the alien from the Triangle has landed...:/::D
Is this where the AS/TB rejects hang out or have we moved to a much higher intellectual plane?

You'll find that there are far more real tree people over here Bermie than at AS. And things are a lot less stuffy than TB. Welcome btw, I think you'll fit right in with the crowd.:)

Thanks Guys/Gals and MB - thanks for the pics - you've givin' me some ideas about fabrications along the portawarp line!:lol:

Hi!

Hey folks,

I finally made it over here from AS and RS. from first look it seems like a guy has more freedom. Looks like a good time here!

I gotta warn you ... this House Rocks ... Treemen , mechanics , rigging scientists , climbing / falling LEGENDS , city workin' arborists , backwoods , some woods , no woods , palm tee/ euc dudes , Redwoods and Big Fir representin .....

Howdy

Well I stumbled onto the Tree House forum by chance and already started posting in the saw area before I realized that one must start here! Sorry!
I don't climb trees. I tried once... A man needs to know his limitations and I found mine real quick. But get that tree on the ground and I am there!
Here is a willow oak at my church I had professionally put on the ground, and then did a safety class on how to use the saw, and let some of the guys start cutting for firewood.

treemustcomedown.jpg

Got the fleet serviced up and ready to cut!

fleetisready.jpg

This was the first time to use the rebuilt and slightly modded 084 with a 48” bar. First time I ever ran a big saw with a long bar as well, and what a hoot that was! The saw performed flawlessly and after 8 tanks of gas the trunk was firewood.

084cuts.jpg

lotsofwood.jpg

All went well, no accidents, and the tree is no longer a nuisance.
I have worked as a small engine tech all my life and along the way got a couple of shingles to hang on the wall that says I am an educator. So now I get to teach people how to fix this stuff for a living! Dream job!
I collect saws and have over a hundred so far, about half of which are STIHL.
Butch and Skwerl and AxMan and others have already welcomed me to the forum, and I am glad to be here and look forward to sharing a little of my knowledge and getting to know all of you better.
Eddie

I don't climb trees. I tried once... A man needs to know his limitations and I found mine real quick. But get that tree on the ground and I am there!

Join the club and don't let it slow you down. I've never tried and never will. There are a few here that probably shouldn't.:D;)

Back