The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Welcome cory! We all get along real well here, When we aren't trying to kill one another:lol:
I think you will find it's a nice comfortable place. Sit down and have a beer with us!

I wanted to post a shout-out to wcmccon and welcome you to the forum. Your forum name reminds me of a good friend of mine (McConnon) so I usually notice when you're online. No need to be shy, post up and introduce yourself! :D

Hello everyone, I thought I'd better join as I've been hanging around for a while. :hi:

My name is Steve, been working with trees all my life, done a bit of everything. Now I run a small Tree service, just 2 of us, [25 years] in the Hills District, Sydney, Australia. I don't mind a beer or 7, :beerchug:

Hi, Yall!

Name's Tom been a lurker for a bit and decided to jump in. Sorry I already drank all the beer. :cry:
A bit about me. Long time ago in a different world I was a climber for a while (mid to late 80's). You know the ol' double braid with a tautline. The way MB still climbs:P. Kidding! Anyhow I never really stopped dumping trees and even still climbed a few for friends and neighobr's from time to time. In the last year or so I've been asked to do quite a be more tree work so I decided to "dig in" and do this properly! Man oh Man how things have changed!! I can see now that the tree is really the weak link today. I'm a welder in the 'real' world and worked several years in ship yards so rigging is no stranger to me. I really like ya'll and I've been to all the other places (i.e. AS and TB) they are OK but I thing they have kind of a thin skin over there.

Name's Tom been a lurker for a bit and decided to jump in. Sorry I already drank all the beer. :cry:
A bit about me. Long time ago in a different world I was a climber for a while (mid to late 80's). You know the ol' double braid with a tautline. The way MB still climbs:P. Kidding! Anyhow I never really stopped dumping trees and even still climbed a few for friends and neighobr's from time to time. In the last year or so I've been asked to do quite a be more tree work so I decided to "dig in" and do this properly! Man oh Man how things have changed!! I can see now that the tree is really the weak link today. I'm a welder in the 'real' world and worked several years in ship yards so rigging is no stranger to me. I really like ya'll and I've been to all the other places (i.e. AS and TB) they are OK but I thing they have kind of a thin skin over there.

Cool 8) - welcome to the house!!!!!!!!

Greetings Tom! Don't know of any pro welders in the house, but I can make dumplings with the
torch :(

Good making your acquaintance.

Just got a 12er...

:|:Hope Keystone Ice is cool, only had 6 bucks...:D

Howdy Steve, Tom.

Welcome to the Tree Steve & Tom from another of ya namesake Steve...
Anyway... Got the MGD for the occasion Thanks ;)
I can make coffee with the torch.. don't ask me for more though ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome to the TreeHouse, Tom! A welder, eh? Maybe you'd like to fabricate some portawraps for us! :rockon:

Don't worry about driking all the beer...you can owe us! :P

A welder eh, thats nice but can you hop on one leg, tap you head with you right hand and rub you belly with your left??? Hmmmm???

Show him how its done Butch! ;)

HC

Back