The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Welcome.
Good to have you on board.
Plenty of stories about apprentices from my hand.
Been teaching the trade for nigh onto 30 years.
Just had a surprice visit yesterday from an apprentice, I had 25 years ago.
Hadn't seen him for at least 10 years.
Took me a second to recognize him, truth be told.
He'd gone grey haired.

Thanks Sean for the forum guidance. I have much to learn about internet etiquette. Oh and this weird new Seattle freeze culture too. It was bad before corona virus but is just awful now. When I was a teenager here in the 90's we had grunge rock that was moody now we just have a moody population of begrudging and dismissive folk that don't seem to know what a good time is. Sorry for the rant but your grace was uncharacteristic of this area and kinda like the ALOHA spirit that I have lived with my whole adult life. Thanks

You seem plenty willing to share AND to listen...there will be some good exchanges to come out of that in this TreeHouse. Some really experienced and good folks here. We all learn together.

Welcome to the House.

Welcome T. Plenty of great and very helpful and informed folks on this site. Make yourself at home and ask away. If we don't know then we'll make up something. I've always wanted to visit Seattle. Think I might wait a while now though.

GDAY EVERYONE! Im jackson from the east coast of N.S.W australia. 38yrs old. I have 3 sons and one on the way. Operate earthmoving plant for work hobby woodturner for 15yrs ive just been getting more into slabbing timber after an old mate gave me a good saw and alaskan mill. I really enjoy everything to do with wood,stone,gardening and nature. Most of my leisure time is spent sitting in front of a fire with a few nice cold beers. I wish everyone all the best. This is a really great forum.. Thanks for reading this.. oh yeah i collect chainsaws and love using my offset smoker!

Last edited:
You can see a lot of my work in that thread, if you scroll through it.

The person who started it wrote woodturning in 2 words.
Makes it hard to find.
Here you go;

Carl,could you maybe do something about that?

Thanks Sean for the forum guidance. I have much to learn about internet etiquette. Oh and this weird new Seattle freeze culture too. It was bad before corona virus but is just awful now. When I was a teenager here in the 90's we had grunge rock that was moody now we just have a moody population of begrudging and dismissive folk that don't seem to know what a good time is. Sorry for the rant but your grace was uncharacteristic of this area and kinda like the ALOHA spirit that I have lived with my whole adult life. Thanks

Cool post, and welcome all.

What is freeze culture, even mr google didn't know

Cool post, and welcome all.

What is freeze culture, even mr google didn't know
Seattle freeze is just the way people are around here. It should have read Seattle Freeze Culture.
The people are dismissively friendly. It's the overcast and perpetual drizzle that makes them weird. Water so cold that you never want to swim. Anything over 80 Fahrenheit and they complain about the heat. Tech based hermits for the most part. People really let themselves go to pot around here in every sense. Hahaha

Overcast and perpetual drizzle sounds pretty good to me, and water's only cold til you've been in awhile. Must be a bunch of women there though, cause everyone knows that >70° is hot :^P

My dad got sick and moved here 4 years ago in search of better medicine. My sister who lives here in the area was caring for him and needed help. I moved myself, my wife, and 2 sons here 3 years ago. We are stuck now due to corona virus. This region I believe will thrive due to its predisposition for social distancing due to frigid character of its population, not to mention with everyone buying from our biggest "local" empire Amazon. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

My sister was supposed to be working at Harborview (er room) before she hurt her shoulder. Very good hospital there.

Have you even got a Big Shot's the question I've refrained from asking a tiny Hulk.....

Does he own a sixteen ounce throwbag........

Old school dinosaurs, resist goin extinct.......

Jomo

Back