The Official Random Video Thread!

That kid making such a mess out of the cake at the end was a good reminder why I chose to get sterilized at a young age.

Shit, a 10 weeks old puppy could have eaten that cake without making a mess out of it.

This guy agrees!

metd_az_1204_pg15_scrooge.ashx

That kid making such a mess out of the cake at the end was a good reminder why I chose to get sterilized at a young age.

Shit, a 10 weeks old puppy could have eaten that cake without making a mess out of it.

The joy and satisfaction that comes with raising children far outweighs the minor inconvenience of a few messes now and then. I have ten kids and not one single regret about any of them. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

The best part is watching them grow up into fine productive adults after those scary teen years. If you'll allow me to indulge in some bragging, from oldest to youngest, I have a Staff Sergeant in the Air Force, a Real Estate Investor who is also my groundie, an Interior Designer who recently got married, an Architect, a Marketing Executive who got married 2 years ago, a High School English Teacher, another Real Estate Investor(she's in partnership with her brother), a Pre-Law College Student, a recent High School graduate who is also joining the Air Force, and a High School Honor Student who is aspiring to be an Actress.

Since there is not a single logger in the lot, my take on it would be that somehow you've screwed up in your parental duties.

Man, I hope you realized that was a joke.

Looks like you've done an outstanding job as a parent.

Now, can I start telling you about how well trained my dogs are:D

:lol:

Well done there dad, hopefully I'm as successful with parenting as you were. My oldest is only 16 months old, and I can't wait for the wonderful teenage years lol. I'm really hoping karma isn't a real thing :D

Frankly, I'm with Stig on this subject.

But I'll be the first to acknowledge that we'd be in a world of hurt before long without committed parents raising talented kids.

I'm just not cut out to be one of those parents. Better to understand your strengths and weaknesses, and follow a path that makes sense under those immutable conditions, imho.

Frankly, I'm with Stig on this subject.

But I'll be the first to acknowledge that we'd be in a world of hurt before long without committed parents raising talented kids.

I'm just not cut out to be one of those parents. Better to understand your strengths and weaknesses, and follow a path that makes sense under those immutable conditions, imho.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_VrFV5r8cs0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For the record, I don't think anyone is cut out to be a parent. There's just no way to properly prepare for it. It's strictly on-the-job training. No formula or rule of thumb will work every time. Every child is unique and requires his/her own special brand of parenting; even among siblings, and therein lies the challenge and the excitement of parenting.

Congratulations Mellow, that's a whole lot of patient giving and devoted loving.

Good synopsis on the art of parenting too.

I don't have any of my own. I thought if I could help a stepson grow up to be a contributing member of society that would be about what I could accomplish - and enough for me.

I wish every kid born had very loving and devoted parents.

What’s wrong with having kids? Good for you lot who have them 1/2/3 8 or 10.

Nothing.
I surely didn't intend for my post to be read that way.

I just don't like them, so I don't have any.

Messy, smelly , stupid little buggers.

Stig, I was a few pages back enjoying Fred and Ginger, thanks for posting those. Took me back to my childhood. A much simpler time, eh?

Stig, I was a few pages back enjoying Fred and Ginger, thanks for posting those. Took me back to my childhood. A much simpler time, eh?

That was nostalgic as hell for me, too.

Like I wrote, I grew up with that stuff, seing it at friend's homes. ( We never had a TV in my family)
Didn't realize how spectacularly good it was, till I saw it again as an adult.

Back