The Official Random Video Thread!

For sure, but still pretty impressive. I sure as hell can't swing a big stick that fast lol
Obviously.
Fat guy swinging big stick............................no!

What she is swinging is a light weight, carbon stick.

For sure, but still pretty impressive. I sure as hell can't swing a big stick that fast lol
It's basically a tinfoil tube. Even if it's a solid ash staff, I'm walking through that. I also don't care what the gender or size of the person waving the stick is. Staff and spear have been the main focus of my training for a few years now, and I'm more than competent. Lots of folks can swing things about and make cool whoosh noises. Gimmie 30 seconds and I can spank them with their own shoe.

It's basically a tinfoil tube. Even if it's a solid ash staff, I'm walking through that. I also don't care what the gender or size of the person waving the stick is. Staff and spear have been the main focus of my training for a few years now, and I'm more than competent. Lots of folks can swing things about and make cool whoosh noises. Gimmie 30 seconds and I can spank them with their own shoe.
When I first watched the video, at no point did I interpret what the girl was doing as some kind of martial art, but more of some kind of interpretive staff spinning demonstration geared purely towards entertaining versus thwarting an enemy during combat. If you look at her channel, it's loaded with similar videos, but different routines and objects.

I only briefly took a gander, so I'm still not entirely sure what she does the staff routine for or why she even took the time to learn it. Again, I immediately inferred from the video that she was likely showing off a segment from a show of some type that is designed to dazzle and attract onlookers with fast and *seemingly* challenging movements. I basically merely thought it was a worthwhile way to use my eyes for 30 seconds. Mostly because she's got a nice body.

Curiosity overtook me. I looked and apparently she claims to be a 13x World Champion of Tae Kwon Do. So I guess I was wrong. It is martial arts. I thought she was maybe in Cirque du Soleil or some shit lol

When I first watched the video, at no point did I interpret what the girl was doing as some kind of martial art, but more of some kind of interpretive staff spinning demonstration geared purely towards entertaining versus thwarting an enemy during combat. If you look at her channel, it's loaded with similar videos, but different routines and objects.

I only briefly took a gander, so I'm still not entirely sure what she does the staff routine for or why she even took the time to learn it. Again, I immediately inferred from the video that she was likely showing off a segment from a show of some type that is designed to dazzle and attract onlookers with fast and *seemingly* challenging movements. I basically merely thought it was a worthwhile way to use my eyes for 30 seconds. Mostly because she's got a nice body.
"I only briefly took a gander"..............but still decided to clutter up the forum with it.
On a good day, roughly a third of all posts on the forum is from you.

Mental!!!

Kavedude, I've been a serious practitioner of the Bo for over 30 years.
Combat, not stupid competiton stuff.
I'd love to see you walk through mine.
Love it.

"I only briefly took a gander"..............but still decided to clutter up the forum with it.
On a good day, roughly a third of all posts on the forum is from you.

Mental!!!
In that post, I explained my initial interpretation of what I believed the girl was doing in the video, and my impressions, which is exactly what both you and Kaveman did as well.

I then explained why I originally decided to post the video and then, 3 minutes later, I made a follow up post where I told the forum exactly what that girl's channel is dedicated to (which was new information and added to the conversation), after taking a moment to visit her YouTube channel. I only did this because I knew that taking a gander amounted to laziness, and I decided that I would take a sufficient look and report my findings.

My posts have never accounted for a third of all posts on ANY day ever. Why are you still lashing out at me with hyperbolic and inaccurate diatribe?

I would strongly recommend that you put me on ignore, or block me altogether, so that I won't continue to ruin your forum experience. Please and thank you.

Kavedude, I've been a serious practitioner of the Bo for over 30 years.
Combat,
No doubt a pole or a Bo in trained hands is a very serious weapon. But unless you carry one with you regularly, you probably won't have the weapon on hand when you need it, so I'm wondering about the overall rationale.

No doubt a pole or a Bo in trained hands is a very serious weapon. But unless you carry one with you regularly, you probably won't have the weapon on hand when you need it, so I'm wondering about the overall rationale.
I believe the rationale (coming from someone who knows very little about the actual art of using such weapons) is that, if you train yourself extensively with weapons of that form, and become proficient with their use, you are then able to use the same techniques and methods that you've learned and apply them to quite literally any object that has a similar form, such as broom sticks, rifles, pool sticks, a PVC pipe, and anything else that is much longer than it is wide. As we know, pretty much any household, place of work, shop, wooded area, etc. has such objects freely available to be used should that person find themselves in a situation where self defense is required.

You're an old man with a bad attitude, I am a young man with a bad history. We are not the same.
Yep, you are a big bad bearded backwoods redneck, while I grew up as a wimpy coddled suburbanite.
I kneel before the might of you.

Just one question: WTF do you know of my history?

Don't get too excited stig. He's just riffing off a meme format that's been going around lately.

13tib1ojq6x71.jpg

No @stig can piss up a rope and suck the wet end. Shit talking geriatric keyboard warrior. What are you gonna do, cross the Atlantic to settle a pissing match you started? Act your age, you look like a punk.

I think you'd be pretty essy to take in a fight.
As much as you have been bragging about the humunguous size of your dick, it must be dragging on the ground.
Just step on that with caulks and it is easy goings from there on.

Back